Nitromater name?? (1 Viewer)

r2

Nitro Member
O.K. This should keep everyone busy for a day or two... :D
I have wondered since day one about this, and so far it is tied 3 to 3... So here it goes...

The name nitromater...

Is it called mater, as in later mater... (rhyme) It is where the internet meets nitromethane... As a mate... gooday mate... Down under speak... :rolleyes:

Or do you call it MATTER... As in a matter of time??

I say toe-mater...
You say toe-matter...

I just want to be on the same page so to speak as everyone else... :)

Well?? What have you been calling it??

Later Maters... :p

I heard racers refer to it has 'doesn't mater' due to fans commenting on stuff they know nothing about....which is apprx 95%....just what I heard when I've asked around about this place...

O.K. This should keep everyone busy for a day or two... :D
I have wondered since day one about this, and so far it is tied 3 to 3... So here it goes...

The name nitromater...

Is it called mater, as in later mater... (rhyme) It is where the internet meets nitromethane... As a mate... gooday mate... Down under speak... :rolleyes:

Or do you call it MATTER... As in a matter of time??

I say toe-mater...
You say toe-matter...

I just want to be on the same page so to speak as everyone else... :)

Well?? What have you been calling it??

Later Maters... :p

Ray, Do you have too much time on your hands today???????

Think of it like this
Had an important meeting with a lovely lady........had to mater :D

Ray, Do you have too much time on your hands today???????
No not really... :D Sis saw a cricket in the garage last night... :eek: Took care of that...
Thank gawd it wasn't a cockroach, she freaks at those... :D
And you didn't answer the question Teri...
I have really been wondering, and sense this place is hoppin again today with meaningful convo... It just seemed like a good time to ask... lil ms. smarty pants... :p ROTFLMAO

Is this really a question? I can only assume that it was based on Jerrod's love of everything Oakley, and being a big fan of Scotty Cannon when he first started his nitro career. Prior to switching to funny car, Cannon's Studebaker Pro Mod was referred to as the Killer Red Mater (you know, redneck for red tomato). When he made the switch the moniker carried over and the funny car became known as the Nitro Mater. Jerrod evidentally liked it, registered the domain, and the rest is history.

Ray
Thank you for asking that.I have always wondered myself but since my post count is not high enough to have real mater cred I was scared to:D

Is this really a question? I can only assume that it was based on Jerrod's love of everything Oakley, and being a big fan of Scotty Cannon when he first started his nitro career. Prior to switching to funny car, Cannon's Studebaker Pro Mod was referred to as the Killer Red Mater (you know, redneck for red tomato). When he made the switch the moniker carried over and the funny car became known as the Nitro Mater. Jerrod evidentally liked it, registered the domain, and the rest is history.

I think you're right on 100%, Greg.

I seem to remember i.d cards or membership cards (something like that) that hung from a lanyard with a big mean tomato on it.

Ray, I agree with your sister!!! We have those big ole flying ones here & I hate them!!!:eek: :eek:

I HATE THEM DAMN THINGS! A COUPLE HAVE GOTTEN IN THE BED BEFORE WHILE I WAS SLEEPING. YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE JUMP UP SO FAST AND TO THE "GET IT THE *UCK OFF ME" DANCE!!!

Back in the day, this place was all about Scotty Cannon.

Here is a blast from the past--

Nitromater.jpg

Ray, I agree with your sister!!! We have those big ole flying ones here & I hate them!!!:eek: :eek:
Well since this is the chat room... :D
I'll tell ya a little story about the brand new comcast cable box I brought home last year... We get a new box, sis plugs it in her room... All of a sudden she comes running in the living room screaming... I go back there and where the digital clock is that lights up the numbers, are three roaches inside the unit blocking the time... So I unplugged it, put it in a Glad kitchen garbage bag and took it back to comcast... The lady behind the glass asks me what is wrong with it, and as she is starting to open the bag, I told her that my sister would like one without roaches in it... I thought the lady was going to jump threw the glass to get away from that bag... Apparently she is not fond of them either... :p Man, that whole ordeal still makes me smile...
Is that wrong?? he-he

I HATE THEM DAMN THINGS! A COUPLE HAVE GOTTEN IN THE BED BEFORE WHILE I WAS SLEEPING. YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMEONE JUMP UP SO FAST AND TO THE "GET IT THE *UCK OFF ME" DANCE!!!

:D Thanks Suzie-Q Why do I laugh so hard at those stories?? I guess because I can picture myself doing the same exact thing... :p

Actually Scotty's Killer Red Mater nickname was given by a fan, who presented him with an airbrushed sweatshirt that read "Killer Red Mater" and had a pic of his old Willys in 1994. Then Scott at Classic Graphics developed a fire breathing tomato rendering. It took on a life of its own from that point. Scotty also had it tattoed on his shoulder.

In the South, Mater is short for tomato.

Last edited:
Well since this is the chat room... :D
I'll tell ya a little story about the brand new comcast cable box I brought home last year... We get a new box, sis plugs it in her room... All of a sudden she comes running in the living room screaming... I go back there and where the digital clock is that lights up the numbers, are three roaches inside the unit blocking the time... So I unplugged it, put it in a Glad kitchen garbage bag and took it back to comcast... The lady behind the glass asks me what is wrong with it, and as she is starting to open the bag, I told her that my sister would like one without roaches in it... I thought the lady was going to jump threw the glass to get away from that bag... Apparently she is not fond of them either... :p Man, that whole ordeal still makes me smile...
Is that wrong?? he-he

Nothing wrong with that Ray, it made me laugh!!!!:p

Nothing wrong with that Ray, it made me laugh!!!!:p
Well, I have found out what being the big brother means...
1. Killing spiders or anything that crawls... :D
2. Reaching for things that vertically challenged girlz cannot without risking a broken arm from falling off the kitchen counter... :p
3. That's about it... :)

I do believe that we need a youtube video of this dance. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back