Nickens "NEW CLUTCH PAK" ?? (1 Viewer)

Doug in the woods

Nitro Member
with all the hoop la about the EE car going 210 mph in testing was just that=testing. Makes one wonder where that 210mph performance went?
Sure hope they get that car sorted out. I like EE and was sorry to hear about her leaving Slammers etc.
I guess we can just hope for the best

I will say this in her defense, after the first round of qualifying yesterday she was #9 and as everyone knows most of the time the Friday night "HERO" session is the main indicator for the class and she aborted her run. I dont know what the conditions are today in Vegas but its likely she could be in the top half of each qualifying session and still not make the show. If thats the case then they would have found a little something. Wish she would have made a full pull last night and we would know for sure. There making ground, slowly but surely. This is coming from a non-EE fan. I wish her and David and crew the best.

I will say this in her defense, after the first round of qualifying yesterday she was #9 and as everyone knows most of the time the Friday night "HERO" session is the main indicator for the class and she aborted her run. I dont know what the conditions are today in Vegas but its likely she could be in the top half of each qualifying session and still not make the show. If thats the case then they would have found a little something. Wish she would have made a full pull last night and we would know for sure. There making ground, slowly but surely. This is coming from a non-EE fan. I wish her and David and crew the best.

Very good observation. If you miss the Friday night session it's almost impossible to make the show, unless something changes with the weather conditions.

In the last session today she was quicker than:
Warren Johnson
Jim Yates
Greg Stanfield

Obviously, they've got new power to run with those dudes...it's a shame they didn't make the 'hero session' last night. They'll have one more shot in Pomona before the frost settles on this season. Hopefully they'll have everything in order there...I'd love to see them do well.

if she were making her own decisions, do you think she would still be driving the #5 or #8 ?

I'm betting she would still be racing for Cagnazzi..... however her brain trust AKA Dad....will have her racing Super Gas or Stock this time next year at the rate he is going... Old man Enders is a real "Wiz" when it comes to helping Erica...

I would have loved to see her in a "competitive" car....

Ender's success...

I would have loved to see her in a "competitive" car....[/QUOTE]

She is in a competitve car...she outran WJ, Yates and Stanfield in the final session. Granted, she didn't qualify, but chances are the Friday night session would have got her in.

If not qualifying is a failure for this young team, how do you think Jim Yates and V. Gaines feel as they load up and head home as non-qualifiers? Yates is a 2-time world champ, and he 'failed' to make the show with legendary power from The Grump, and Gaines has had the baddest Dodge and a top half car all year, and he 'failed' to make the show.

Given the short amount of time they've been in business, this team is doing exceptionally well. When you compare them to other teams, make sure you keep the playing field level...and fair!

She is in a competitve car...she outran WJ, Yates and Stanfield in the final session. Granted, she didn't qualify, but chances are the Friday night session would have got her in.

If not qualifying is a failure for this young team, how do you think Jim Yates and V. Gaines feel as they load up and head home as non-qualifiers? Yates is a 2-time world champ, and he 'failed' to make the show with legendary power from The Grump, and Gaines has had the baddest Dodge and a top half car all year, and he 'failed' to make the show.

Given the short amount of time they've been in business, this team is doing exceptionally well. When you compare them to other teams, make sure you keep the playing field level...and fair!
[/QUOTE]

John, John, John. ;) You make perfect sense to those who don't have negative tunnel vision as far as this team is concerned... it's preachin' to the choir.

On the other hand, no amount of common sense will change the minds of those who have their minds set against the Enders team. Might as well save your breath, er, well.....your fingertips. :p :D

Keep on keepin' on Erica. Hang in there and I hope you do better in Pomona. Beyond that, looking forward to a good 2007 season for all of you.

With all due respect Jackee...aren't you just in it for the girl thing? My point was the"living vicariously" idea. Erica seemed to be on the way with cagnazzi. as for Nickens...I'm from Houston and have been a Nickens fan for many years. I just think jumping around ain't the quickest road to success for this or any other team. I wish them all the success in the world,(regardless of gender).

My question wasn't for or against EE

I like her as a tried and true racer but last week it was posted about the car not EE herself going 210 IN TESTING.
Nickens stated that he tried a new clutch pak. Well what happened to that set up if it was so good to go 210.
IMO the car was not legal weight or ??
One has to remember racing is 50-60% mental-get into your openents head.
Force is/was a master at this.
When a car has a ground shaking run in testing it possiably gets the opposition rethinking their tuneup/setups. This could help the car doing the testing.
It's a Barnum and baily thing
I never pay attention to testing results-this EE 210 mph is a good example.
They are not the first or last to play the mind game.
These are MY OPNIONS that I feel are correct--It's like a chess game people

I'm betting she would still be racing for Cagnazzi..... however her brain trust AKA Dad....will have her racing Super Gas or Stock this time next year at the rate he is going... Old man Enders is a real "Wiz" when it comes to helping Erica...

Jeez John..could you be anymore obvious in your malcontent. Don't you think all of this move was a family decision? For the long haul maybe.

I hate the bullsh!t that gets thrown around here.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back