enders car goes 210 (1 Viewer)

Art Lazzelle

Nitro Member
Enders' car goes 210 mph in Virginia

The race may be over but the big numbers continue to come out of Virginia Motorsports Park. I just got a call from a very excited Erica Enders who told me her Revive-USA Dodge Stratus R/T had completed a testing pass of 6.566 seconds at 210.01 mph. I know it's unofficial, but it's still the first 210 mph pass in existence.

Enders had flown back home to take care of some sponsor commitments so car chief Terry Adams took the car through its paces Monday. He and crew chief David Nickens credited a new clutch package they've been dying to try out with the huge pass.

"I was going to try it during the race but I talked myself out of it," Nickens said. "Every session just kept getting quicker and quicker in qualifying and I didn't want to try something for the first time in case it didn't work. Now I wish I had but we're still pretty excited about how things turned out today."

link http://www.nhra.com/counter.asp

Last edited:
I think what I was eluding to that they tryed a new clutch setup which I figure probably most teams already had and are using. Plus I believe the track conditions were close the same as Sunday since it was the next day.
210 is stout in anybody's book. If a team gets enough funds to keep of with
the Jones namely Ken Black. Someone will make it tough for them to repeat year after year. I believe that most engines out there are real close on hp.
It is the things like clutch, rear gear, ect. Anderson has hit on it and is running with it. Right now he has the dominate cars. There are a bunch
slightly behind that can beat him on occasions but not consistantly.

Come on folks...give some credit to Terry and Dave for getting this car to run. Remember...it was a pooch when it was painted blue.

Way ta' go guys!!!

Come on folks...give some credit to Terry and Dave for getting this car to run. Remember...it was a pooch when it was painted blue.

Way ta' go guys!!!

This car was never painted Blue, if I amnot mistaken the car is only 5 or 6 races old, brand new at Denver. And if it isn't that car it's the car that Jeg won with and it qualified for every race it entered that he drove and Bob Glidden tuned it.

new speed secret--paint car something other than blue?

LOL in Idaho
one has to consider who was driving-I think I read that EE had already flowen back home or ? for sponsor commitment.
WAS car legal weight?
not saying the car with same clutch setup wouldn't have performed as well but its only testing.
Lets see what happens in Vegas with new clutch setup??

LOL in Idaho
one has to consider who was driving-I think I read that EE had already flowen back home or ? for sponsor commitment.
WAS car legal weight?
not saying the car with same clutch setup wouldn't have performed as well but its only testing.
Lets see what happens in Vegas with new clutch setup??

I'm with you Doug. IF the car was legal, and it had its new clutch package then EE should be top half of the field in Vegas. If not, then one of 2 things:
Either the car wasnt legal in testing or EE needs to go to driving school again.

Way ta' go guys!!!

John, you must be new at this... some people will never have anything positive to say about Enders & team. :eek:

The thread isn't about Line or Anderson, it's about Enders and what her team did.

Great job everyone! Good luck in Vegas! ;)

John, you must be new at this... some people will never have anything positive to say about Enders & team. :eek:

The thread isn't about Line or Anderson, it's about Enders and what her team did.

I surely agree with you.
I posted what they ran cause I thought it was pretty darn good for to run that kind of speed and et. Some people don't give people credit for good hard work and their performance. If greg Anderson ran 210 Monday some of you would have Slobbered all over this forum. Since in your mind brand-x ran these numbers for some reason they don't count. If I were a betting man
they were legal also. What would be the benefit of running not legal? As for the next race I believe they will do fine. Give credit where it is due folks!
Line and Anderson are the dominate cars for now but they are not the only ones out there! Just My opinion!

Art,

Thanks for taking the time to post the info. 210 is hauling, good run for them.

Rapid

Erica is a cool person I do like her but the credit should really go to the person calling the shots and the person who decided to use the new clutch set up so I will give credit were credit is due excellent job Mr. Nickens! ;)
I look forward to see what they do at Vegas it should be interesting.
As far as Greg Anderson and Jason Line if I were a betting man I would put all my money on those two people until someone can prove otherwise. :rolleyes:

Great job by Enders Racing! 210 is haulin' the mail by anyone's standards.

When Greg(g) & Erica broke from Cagnazzi racing a lot of people thought they were nuts - even though it was apparently always their goal. Now it seems that decision has worked out well for just about everyone concerned... and then some. Victor has a two car team & he brought Jeggie's into the Pro Stock fold. Erica landed a sponsor and David Nickens has seemingly found a workable set-up for the Dodge, though I'm curious to see how the team does in Vegas an beyond.

Nobody ever said running your own team was easy, but it seems like they're coming together just fine... and a lot quicker than some expected. Here's to hoping it continues into next year.

For all of you keyboard jockeys out there that are critical of the Enders or anyone else, I have a suggestion: Get out your checkbook and get a pro stock car. When it qualifies, come back and write whatever the hell you want to; in the meantime, pay attention to that old New England saying which is if you don't have something good to say about someone, be quiet.

BTW, I'm even willing to let you off the hook if you do something that doesn't cost as much as a pro stock car. Buy a comp car with a stick and see just how hard it is to run a clutch car. If you can get it to go more that 50 under, you can say whatever the hell you want to about any racer out there.

BTW, I know where of I speak. My partner in comp runs a stick F/D. He qualified number 1 in comp at the 50th US Nationals and running a clutch car is really hard. I've lots of friends who run clutch cars and they'll tell you the same thing.

For all of you keyboard jockeys out there that are critical of the Enders or anyone else, I have a suggestion: Get out your checkbook and get a pro stock car. When it qualifies, come back and write whatever the hell you want to; in the meantime, pay attention to that old New England saying which is if you don't have something good to say about someone, be quiet.

BTW, I'm even willing to let you off the hook if you do something that doesn't cost as much as a pro stock car. Buy a comp car with a stick and see just how hard it is to run a clutch car. If you can get it to go more that 50 under, you can say whatever the hell you want to about any racer out there.

BTW, I know where of I speak. My partner in comp runs a stick F/D. He qualified number 1 in comp at the 50th US Nationals and running a clutch car is really hard. I've lots of friends who run clutch cars and they'll tell you the same thing.

Just an F.Y.I. this is an open forum people can post any opinion they want, as long as they don't cross the line, it's no different than someone criticizing a sports team etc... ;)
There are a lot of people on this forum that one way or another competed in this sport owner, driver, crew or crew chief etc. that is what a forum is for and just to let you know it wasn't an old New England saying as much as it was just an old saying.
There is another old saying "People who can't play coach"! :p

Just an F.Y.I. this is an open forum people can post any opinion they want, as long as they don't cross the line, it's no different than someone criticizing a sports team etc... ;)

I don't much care for criticism in other sports when it gets personal either. To some extent it was the personal nature of some of the criticism-that was the thing that really was getting me angry.

EE said on compplus that the car was legal. I guess Vegas will tell the tale. I wish her well but it will really surprise me if she's in the top half of the field. Do you realize that a 6.56 is faster than Anderson? I just aint buying it yet. I like David Nickens and hopefully he did find something but until I see it on race weekends then who cares.

I doubt that the conditions in Vegas will be equal to what they were in Virginia. I'm not expecting any 6.5 runs there ... but would love to see it.

Any post about EE always brings with it a few snipes from here & there. No matter.... The Girl is doin' ok. She's a good driver. She always gives credit to her team, and she's going to continue to grow in the class.

I wish Erica and her team the best of luck in Vegas

I could be wrong, but isn't Terry Adams quite a bit taller than Erica? Either he was stuffed in that car, or Erica uses some kind of seat adjustment. I believe he is probably 30-40 lbs heavier as well. So as far as legal weight, the car was probably there. And I wonder how the weight bias upset the balance of the car as well. Just saying that it was a heck of a run for Adams and Nickens to put together considering the changes they made in the can as well as what they must have done to the chassis.

But as someone else said, without other cars there to gauge off of, its hard to see where that really stacks up. And I don't know how well Vegas will back it up because the engine will respond way different to the clutch at that altitude. What works stellar in a mineshaft won't work at 3000 ft. But we will see!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back