NHRA on FOX - Here's the schedule (1 Viewer)

This is great for the NHRA. Also getting a good dose of the Lucas Oil series and Pro Mods will be outstanding. I really hope they have a good broadcast team this next season. It kind of sounded like the way they were talking this weekend it may be only Mike and Gary not coming back.

Being live make absolutely no difference to me. I will still record the shows, and watch them in the evening after the day is done and I have the TV to myself.

Our summers are short enough up here. I refuse to waste a nice Sunday afternoon sitting inside watching television. Plus, I'll most certainly be having to add additional recording time to fast forward through the tapdancing that will result from the inevitable oildown in the semis.

They are showing a lot of races live but the air times are like 5pm to 8pm, not sure what they mean there.

They are showing a lot of races live but the air times are like 5pm to 8pm, not sure what they mean there.
Pretty sure that's because TV times are always listed as Eastern time ... those 3 races are all out west Pomona, Phoenix, and Vegas where it will be 2pm-5pm. Those are the only LIVE races I see in that scenario.

Do Fox sports do any live stream? It would be nice to see Friday qualifying or sportsman racing during the weekend.

Being live make absolutely no difference to me. I will still record the shows, and watch them in the evening after the day is done and I have the TV to myself.

Our summers are short enough up here. I refuse to waste a nice Sunday afternoon sitting inside watching television. Plus, I'll most certainly be having to add additional recording time to fast forward through the tapdancing that will result from the inevitable oildown in the semis.
Having it live, and in a structured weekly time slot will definitely be beneficial to sponsors. I've had so many friends over the years tell me that they wanted to watch the races but could never figure out when and where to tune in. Obviously they're not hard core fans like us, but they do enjoy watching.

am against FSN1 being in an 'upgrade' channel pkg. and i still won't pay for it next year; am hopeful FSN1 will bump down into le$$er
channel packages. that being said, this new TV schedule is impressive; definitely puts the nhra name in front of the masses looking
for sunday afternoon sports entertainment......am guessing the 3hr. shows will recap first round? then live for 3 rounds?
hopefully 2016 will go very well, then with the flexibility the nhra hopefully will have with FOX, 2017 can debut 1 or 2 sat. night
eliminations under the lights.

Guess I can't join in all the happiness about the network change. I would have to pay extra to "upgrade". Sorry can't afford that. I am retired on a very fixed budget. That extra charge per month would require me to stop paying for one prescription. Not all of us have tons of extra money to spend. I hate this but there isn't much I can do.

I can't believe you are having such a hard time getting FS1 on a basic package. It is available on all 3 tiers that my provider (Charter) offers. Anyways, I love the idea of having a Saturday night race or 2. Also, I assume that the races will be recapping the first 3 rounds with live finals only. To me that is the only way they can make it fit in the time slot.

Pretty sure that's because TV times are always listed as Eastern time ... those 3 races are all out west Pomona, Phoenix, and Vegas where it will be 2pm-5pm. Those are the only LIVE races I see in that scenario.

If you look at the top of the schedule listing (Not the whole article) it says eastern timing. It is not very obvious, but I did look for that.

2016 NHRA MELLO YELLO DRAG RACING SERIES TELEVISION SCHEDULE
All times are ET. All shows to air on Fox Sports 1 (FS1) unless otherwise noted.
Qualifying shows schedule to be announced at a later date.
Schedule is subject to change. Please check local listings.

Sheesh that was fast! I remember 5 days leading in to Pomona and ESPN still didn't have a schedule ready! 17 live events, and the western swing and U.S. Nationals live on Fox are the highlights. Starting at Joliet in June, every event the rest of the year will be live. No more waiting til 9pm or later to see final round coverage!

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/2016-nhra-tv-schedule-fox-sports-111715

I am sure this is why this years ratings were down.

Overheard in the boardroom meeting:
Fox exec "So that's our schedule for 2016, with more live programming it should be very lucrative, bringing in more sponsor money ".
NHRA exec "Yes everything looks good....as long as the weather co-operates ".
Fox exec "What? Why would the weather make a difference? The Formula One guys race in the rain....don't they have Top Fuel rain tires?"
NHRA exec "Uh, sure... sure they do. I 'm pretty sure they do....will somebody look into that for us? We'll have it ready no problem!"
Fox exec " Also, we need to start the season at Maple Grove due to scheduling conflicts....make it happen ASAP"
ADDENDUM TO NHRA RULEBOOK 2016 - windshield wipers must be installed on all classes

would be curious to know of all that read this post......
do you already have fsn1 and have no worries for next year?
if you have fsn1, how much per month do you pay for your cable/dish/direct?
if you do not have fsn1, will you pay extra to get it so you can watch nhra next year?

I have FS1, plus I have it on a QAM channel, the digital channels that a modern TV without a cable box can pick up... mine is on 86.4 out here in NE PA.

Google "QAM channel list ____________ " but insert your cable provider in the blank there, you should be able to find what is free for your system and hopefully your TV has the tuner built in... see this link
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-get-free-hd-with-a-qam-tuner/

they also added MAV TV to my tier, but still waiting for Velocity......

Last edited:
I have Velocity, but MAV TV is in the next tier up. I've written my provider (Charter) about it. They answered back that they're looking at moving it down a notch.

I can get Velocity (along with 7 other channels I will never use) for 9 bucks a month extra....plus I need 2 digital HD converters at 9.95 a month which would be 12 bucks over what my 2 normal boxes cost:mad:

It isn't worth 21 extra bucks a month for one channel.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back