NHRA National Event Awning Permit for E-Town (1 Viewer)

Everyone said the same thing 5 years ago.

IMO, the only thing that will close ETown is a change in ownership, in other words, a huge cash offer to buy the present owners out -or- the heirs of the current owners just won't want to deal with the track and the hassles of running it.
Agree, people have been saying this about E-Town for 20 years.

Joe, you need to do a little more research. Approximately 3 blocks behind the starting line on E. Street La Verne...which parallels the race track just a few feet away....there are four houses, two on each side of the street. They were all built between 1901 and 1926. They currently are next door to commercial development that I would guess is occupying space formerly residential. Source: Zillow. MaC

Joe, you need to do a little more research. Approximately 3 blocks behind the starting line on E. Street La Verne...which parallels the race track just a few feet away....there are four houses, two on each side of the street. They were all built between 1901 and 1926. They currently are next door to commercial development that I would guess is occupying space formerly residential. Source: Zillow. MaC

Dave Mac, Joe Pisano is who told me back in 1991 there wasn't anything out there then. Im sure you would agree Laverne was much more Rural in 1953 than it is now!

Dave Mac, Joe Pisano is who told me back in 1991 there wasn't anything out there then. Im sure you would agree Laverne was much more Rural in 1953 than it is now!
Give it up Joe. The houses predate the race track in Pomona. Really don't care that someone told you 45 years after the track went in there was nothing there. Was it more rural, yes, but there were still houses there.

Just curious........... Aproximately how much does this cost each of the above posters that are complaining about it? Yeah, just like I thought, ZERO!!

Does this mean people still can't care or comment?

Also if it cost more for the racers/sanctioning body to be there then those cost will be passed on the customer. Parking, ticket price, souveniors, food. Something will need to go up in order to off set that added cost. Now a one-time fee may not warrant it, but it is a silly charge that is being used to squeeze more money out of people.

Just curious........... Aproximately how much does this cost each of the above posters that are complaining about it? Yeah, just like I thought, ZERO!!

Wrong, you pay for it every time you buy a sponsors product, just like a tax on any other business. I have to make X% profit to stay in business, if the taxes I pay go up then the cost of the product I make/sell goes up.

Give it up Joe. The houses predate the race track in Pomona. Really don't care that someone told you 45 years after the track went in there was nothing there. Was it more rural, yes, but there were still houses there.

I guess Joe Pisano didn't have a clue then....alright!

public safety does not need to be attached to a fee.....the fee should already be paid in the form of property tax.

public safety does not need to be attached to a fee.....the fee should already be paid in the form of property tax.
I don't know about you, but if my town were to hike my taxes to cover the potential risk associated with 1000's of out of town "guests" plus spectators ... I would be pretty pissed Mike. So which group of people do you want to piss off, the out of towners or the permanent residents?

i understand county and state fees over and above money collected from standard income, revenue and property taxes; building permits
for example......but some fees leave me shaking my head and wondering if the monies are really doing good for the citizens or
are they just filling coffers used for ever expanding county and state wages and benefits?

or lets think of this another way but it's the same damn thing, and i've experienced it firsthand with my own kids....extracurricular
sports and events in our public schools. used to be the schools covered all costs; these days each sport has a fee to the parents, busing
kids to events often has a parent fee attached, some schools are now evening cancelling their cheer-leading programs.
why!?....i don't see the teachers taking a pay cut, in fact just the opposite.

nobodies taxes should ever be raised for a gathering of racers, basket weavers, chess players, or knuckleheads.
their revenue influx into the community should be appreciated by local gov't. and any 'safety' issues should be handled
by the local officials within their standard salaries/wages and budget.
i realize this is not the way of the world, but it's my .02 opinion.
get your hands outta' my pocket....you want more money!?, then work harder.

A 30'x30'+ canopy is about as big as a stage that most of you go see a band at an outside festival or fair nowadays. After the tragedy in Indiana, and several more that year, many states started to require inspections of these structures- FOR THE SAFETY OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC (YOU- the guys that are whining about it) to make sure in the event of a weather incident, the canopy is properly constructed and secured. I assume that Old Bridge Township, for your $42, will be sending someone over to inspect it as well. And that price is a bargain- I have had to figure out where to come up with $10K in my budget to have my site and roof inspected and approved on some tours I've done in Europe lately...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back