nhra driver blogs (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
couple weeks ago as the new nhra/mello yellow logo was being introduced, noticed that the nhra.com website
also got a make over, sans driver blogs. am i not looking in the rite place? or has nhra done away with them?
find it funny that the last blog published there may have been bob wilber's last for the LRS team......and fittingly
the only PR person on the blog list that over the years was always current.

couple weeks ago as the new nhra/mello yellow logo was being introduced, noticed that the nhra.com website
also got a make over, sans driver blogs. am i not looking in the rite place? or has nhra done away with them?
find it funny that the last blog published there may have been bob wilber's last for the LRS team......and fittingly
the only PR person on the blog list that over the years was always current.
The link is at the bottom of this site....

http://www.nhra.com/blog/default.aspx

I emailed them about that and Phil Burgess replied that due to the lack of participation, they have done away with the blogs. Drivers are encouraged to send in stories that they will post, however the dedicated blog area is gone.

the nhra is trying and succeeding in not standing still; making changes to rules, procedures and revamping the
entire television package in hopes of better reaching and retaining new and existing fans.
i understand the reach of FB and twitter, but when the sanctioning body offers a dedicated page for their racers to reach their fans,
why is it so difficult for the racers to utilize this simple tool?.....i'll admit i did not read most of them, but did read those that stayed current.
other than looking at event entry lists, it was the only other thing i logged onto nhra.com for.

quick turn around time between rounds mean less time for fans to seek autographs......nhra always brags about fan contact with
the drivers......now this simple outlet on the sanctioning body's main web page is gone.....
the fans are connected to the racers; the racers ought to be able to take a few minutes and tell folks what they're up to.
(i.e. an easy reminder on sunday's show to check online to see what your favorite drivers are up to)

hate to say it, but this is just one more thing that IMO was good for fans and is now gone

the nhra is trying and succeeding in not standing still; making changes to rules, procedures and revamping the
entire television package in hopes of better reaching and retaining new and existing fans.
i understand the reach of FB and twitter, but when the sanctioning body offers a dedicated page for their racers to reach their fans,
why is it so difficult for the racers to utilize this simple tool?.....i'll admit i did not read most of them, but did read those that stayed current.
other than looking at event entry lists, it was the only other thing i logged onto nhra.com for.

quick turn around time between rounds mean less time for fans to seek autographs......nhra always brags about fan contact with
the drivers......now this simple outlet on the sanctioning body's main web page is gone.....
the fans are connected to the racers; the racers ought to be able to take a few minutes and tell folks what they're up to.
(i.e. an easy reminder on sunday's show to check online to see what your favorite drivers are up to)

hate to say it, but this is just one more thing that IMO was good for fans and is now gone

Drivers very rarely updated them, so I think its better to hit the drivers FB or Twitter pages, than a blog that's 6-8 months old

i'm a driver in a series that treads water at best......my series is trying to improve itself; whether they are rite or wrong at least they
are not standing still as they did for a period of years......i have been asked, along with a dozen or so drivers, to submit short
entries for a blog; this blog connects with our fans and is chance for me to let the fans know what my team and my family have been
up to not only at the races, but between them too. i have noticed that by keeping my blog current, there are many fans that come
around my trailer at the races and am interested in my team specifically; they even thank me for writing the blog. this has brought
added attention to all of our sponsors and is genuinely nice to hear the compliments our fans have for us.

naw, i don't feel like taking 15 minutes today, or last week, or last month.....screw the fans; who needs this stupid blog. i don't want
to be part of the solution, my series will handle all that..........oh ch*t, i'm not racing this year, sponsor dried up, no money.
oh but i've got the technology.

I'll miss my regular helping of Wilber (and the kitties) and the less regular (but always entertaining) missives from Jack Beckman.
That said, I don't see a time I'll ever "follow" anybody.

Drivers get asked for freebie tickets by friends, family, etc. Drivers pay for every ticket they give away. Sometimes these tickets are for potential sponsors that must be wined and dined.

It was contended that if NHRA would have comp'd a couple tickets to drivers once in a while, maybe more frequent blogs might have been written and submitted.

just listened to john kernan's first installment of nhra track talk....interview with ant.....will be weekly feature on nhra.com.
john k. says he's now in brownsburg, in running nhra media office there.
were is the 'applause' emoji! :D.....good stuff john, and nhra.....my guess is this is linked thru nhra FB page?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back