national event venues (1 Viewer)

Sound system - Kingnitro's Photos

joe posted this pic from houston to which mark k. replied one of best
sound/PA systems he's experienced.

i've sat in sections @ BIR that presented difficulty in hearing PA.

nhra strives to eliminate as many infrastructure variables as possible from
site to site.........if they invested in something like this, they in a sense
are eliminating a variable; enhancing venues with good systems,
improving those that don't.
nothing worse than a new fan that can't hear the PA.

just can't imagine how loud the already too loud commercials would be :eek:

for those who call it the "East coast Pomona" for it's history, it gets so quick to be thrown under the bus when something happens, Indy had Blaine Johnson and Elmer Trett die in the same weekend, and few years ago Steve Engel crashed there and succumbed to the injuries later, yet I don't hear a peep from people burying the track.

I don't get it

I hear ya, Rob, and as I've stated, I love E-Town as much as the next guy.

The difference between Indy's tragic weekend and E-Town is that at E-Town the track - specifically the shutdown area - was [is] considered the culprit whereas with Blaine, Elmer (as well as Darrell Russell & Eric Medlen @ St. Louis and Gainesville, respectively), it was mechanical malfunction that was [is] considered the primary contributor. Lastly, one could likely argue either side of the fence in the case of Mark Niver's incident @ Seattle, but in that situation I would contend, based on my extremely limited knowledge, that it was a truly 'freak' accident that unfortunately could've happened anywhere.

I love all, okay most of the memories E-Town has given me, and I will continue to attend national events there as long as they're held so I can continue to add to those memories (hopefully all good)... but I would also understand completely if NHRA decided to stop going there.

We don't all agree about everything on this message board, but I think we can defintely agree that we don't like losing our heroes to tragedy if it can possibly be avoided.

Last edited:

The difference between Indy's tragic weekend and E-Town is that at E-Town the track - specifically the shutdown area - was [is] considered the culprit whereas with Blaine, Elmer (& Darrell Russell @ St. Louis), it was mechanical malfunction that was [is] considered the primary contributor.

I love all the memories the place has given me, and I will continue to attend national events there as long as they're held so I can continue to add to the memories (hopefully all good), but I would also understand completely if NHRA decided to stop going there... as much of a shame as that would be.

Gordon, Blaine's accident at Indy had a LOT to do with the track! His car hit the Opening in the Guard rail breaking the car in half! That is why they have walls now!

Gordon, Blaine's accident at Indy had a LOT to do with the track! His car hit the Opening in the Guard rail breaking the car in half! That is why they have walls now!

I stand corrected, I was misinformed. My deepest and sincerest apologies.

That said, it's still a singular, though horrible incident going back at least to the early 80's, whereas the two tragedies at E-town are recent - in fact very recent, comparitively speaking.

The difference between Indy's tragic weekend and E-Town is that at E-Town the track - specifically the shutdown area - was [is] considered the culprit whereas with Blaine, Elmer (as well as Darrell Russell & Eric Medlen @ St. Louis and Gainesville, respectively), it was mechanical malfunction that was [is] considered the primary contributor. Lastly, one could likely argue either side of the fence in the case of Mark Niver's incident @ Seattle, but in that situation I would contend, based on my extremely limited knowledge, that it was a truly 'freak' accident that unfortunately could've happened anywhere.

I love all, okay most of the memories E-Town has given me, and I will continue to attend national events there as long as they're held so I can continue to add to those memories (hopefully all good)... but I would also understand completely if NHRA decided to stop going there.

same here i have been to 18 going on 19 years of this event since my first at 6 in 1992, but even if NHRA doesn't drop it and track ends up shutting down itself for whatever reasons (Money, incidents etc) its not good by any means and i think they've done the best they can do, they have literally hit the wall, I hate to be macabre, but i don't even think the track will make it to it's 50th anniversary in 2016 while the other 2 tracks will still be alive and kicking in Atco and Island, both have been around longer than E-town.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back