NHRA announces two new programs for fans to access race coverage worldwide (1 Viewer)

Only thing I would be concerned with is the QoS. They have had problems with the audiocast in the past. Maybe they'll be using a different provider?

They said for the remainder of the year. I would guess that the 2017 season would be more. $149.00 might not be too far off the mark...

If it begins in March 2016 as they state, then that's only missing 2 or 3 races (according to whether they get it up and running before the Gators in mid-March) of a 24 race season. IMO, I would be shocked if they increased it by that much.

Great move by NHRA. Makes me wonder even more why they dumped Tom Compton?

However, more heads have rolled the last couple of days.

Only thing I would be concerned with is the QoS. They have had problems with the audiocast in the past. Maybe they'll be using a different provider?

Will this be like the iCards? With Incremental times? Or is this strictly Audio and video? One thing, Internet service at a lot of tracks is Terrible!

Sounds to me like that's $99 dollars to much. Hopefully FS1.com or something like that will cover the events like ESPN 3. NHRA has new leaders but still greedy .......

Where they are at in the sports rankings, they really need to have this free as a means to expand the sport. Only die hard fans will pay for this. Need to think expanding the coverage to more eyes not keeping it an expensive secret

Sounds to me like that's $99 dollars to much. Hopefully FS1.com or something like that will cover the events like ESPN 3. NHRA has new leaders but still greedy .......
Come on $100 is a drop in a bucket. I spent well over $100 tonight for my wife and I at dinner tonight and that's everyday living. To get the full year for that much is a steal in my opinion. I might be in the minority, but I think this is great.

Come on $100 is a drop in a bucket. I spent well over $100 tonight for my wife and I at dinner tonight and that's everyday living. To get the full year for that much is a steal in my opinion. I might be in the minority, but I think this is great.

Nah man, you're the minority, no doubt. I might be one too as I like the finer things and work my *** off for them, but $100 for the average fan won't fly, I am sure.

I agree, $100 over 22 races is $4.54 per race, the Wife spends that per day at Starbucks. Hell, I stopped at Wendy's and bought a sandwich before driving home from Notre Dame tonight and that was $6 bucks.

I wonder if the price will be lower for NHRA members? I don't expect it to be free for members but it would be nice if it was.

Yep, that $100 might just save me $50 a month when I cut the cord for Time Warner TV. I think its well worth <$5 a race.

I'm in. Truth is, I would have paid for the ESPN3 live feed of the Sunday show. I never had to fiddle with the tape delayed deal for several years.
That said, it SOUNDS like it will be the tower feed and the live camera which is streamed to the Jumbotron. So, who does that camera work? Fox? NHRA? The local track.
Not being negative - Heck, I've been suggesting the tower audio feed with raw video for years.

I wonder if they'll beta-test this at Pomona and the Arizona race? I'd be happy to critique it.

This is great news for hard core fan. We really missed the espn3 friday show that was dropped 2015. Just cant handle the old format. Glad you can get live feed on sunday this year.

I don't think the price is too high, I think you are selling it to such a small niche though. It's short sightedness, chasing a dollar today at the expense of many more future dollars.
At this point they need to do everything they can to expand their footprint, get more people to watch and increase those numbers for sponsors.
While I think it should be free, I would like to see them at least offer a per race option as well. They might get lucky and have a curious non-fan be willing to drop $5-10 to watch for the weekend before they commit to a year long price.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back