New Look: National Dragster (1 Viewer)

I love the new look, the color and shiny pages look good. I haven't had any problems with my delivery times lately, I usually get mine on either Tuesday or Wednesday of each week.

Ditto. Except you live a couple hundred miles from the printer, and I, well, don't. So mine is almost always on Thursday. Got the new one today.

They even mention me twice. Once for best package at Dallas in Super Comp and also number 2 qualifier. Gotta love when your name is in the Digger.

Not as good as when I won the wally but it will do for now.

No matter how and/or why we all criticise NHRA at the management level, that publication of theirs is, journalistically, FIRST CLASS!

Once one wades thru the ads - I call it National Adster -it is an EXTREMELY well done .

Yrs truly has found typos in National Geographic, but can't recall ANY in ND. Incorrect reporting, maybe, but not A E I O U , period, comma, etc. stuff.

It is a nice rag to read, for sure.

My son's name and picture has been in the mag a few times, my name? Never. ;)

Norm Porter said,
"that publication of theirs is, journalistically, FIRST CLASS!"

Yeah; right...

My friend, Denny REED, spent twenty+ years running a Mustang in Div. V, Stock Eliminator, winning a couple of points races, here and there, but dedicated his LIFE to running that car, and finally won a national event in Denver....

The story in DRAGSTER about his Stock Eliminator win had the large headline "Denny FORD wins Denver!!!"

"Denny FORD" is a Chevy racer (and, a good one...)

No correction, much less an apology, was ever forthcoming from that peerless Journalistic group.

They're the greatest...

The post office wasn't and hasn't been at fault for the delays with ND.It's been the problem of the printer.

The new look is nice,and the usage of more color is a big plus along with more sportsman coverage.

(QUOTE )That's not my thought.......
last week I got two issues on the same day, did you?
If I remember, I'll post the day I get mine, even though I see two other CA. guys posting here now, I'll expect mine by next Tue.(QUOTE)

If you remember, this thread started 10/14/09, I was wrong in thinking I'd have mine on Tue. 10/20, I got it this aft. Thursday 10/22/09, a week and a day after you got yours.
Chris; still want to blame the printer ???:mad:

Bob

If I remember, I'll post the day I get mine, even though I see two other CA. guys posting here now, I'll expect mine by next Tue.(QUOTE)

If you remember, this thread started 10/14/09, I was wrong in thinking I'd have mine on Tue. 10/20, I got it this aft. Thursday 10/22/09, a week and a day after you got yours.

Bob

Looks like someone at the good ole USPO is reading it.

Bob

Yes I will stick with what I said.

As of yesterday's mail (10/23/09) I have still not received my copy of ND.

Jim

No matter how and/or why we all criticise NHRA at the management level, that publication of theirs is, journalistically, FIRST CLASS!

Once one wades thru the ads - I call it National Adster -it is an EXTREMELY well done .

Yrs truly has found typos in National Geographic, but can't recall ANY in ND. Incorrect reporting, maybe, but not A E I O U , period, comma, etc. stuff.

Typos; I've got one; latest issue (#40), page 8, "NHRA provides premiminary...", line 4; "...not related in anyway." "Anyway" should be two words in that application. I know, way nit-pickin'. But I'm a grammer-nazi...

As of yesterday's mail (10/23/09) I have still not received my copy of ND.

Jim

I wonder what could cause such a delay, maybe it is your post office? I went out to my mailbox today and there is my October 30th issue with the King Kuda II on the cover. I know I am close to the printer, but it shouldn't be that drastic of a difference of arrival.

I wonder what could cause such a delay, maybe it is your post office? I went out to my mailbox today and there is my October 30th issue with the King Kuda II on the cover. I know I am close to the printer, but it shouldn't be that drastic of a difference of arrival.

Got my Oct.23rd issue, the same day you got your 30th.:rolleyes: Although better than at my old address. There it would be about a week after the date.:mad:

Last edited:

In the past year, I have received one issue in advance of the date on the cover. The rest arrive between 3 days and two weeks later. NHRA has yet to respond to my complaints.

Jim

That kind of crap (hodge-podge delivery, with regard to publish-dates) has been going on for as long as I can remember (and I can remember a
l-o-o-n-g time!)

My brother worked at the Post Office for 20 years ('til he retired from there,) and, when I'd complain to him about it, he'd always tell me, "You're lucky you get it at all!" He said that if I could be a little mouse in the corner, and see how that place was run, I'd agree...

It ain't the printer....:(

Ways To Support Nitromater