New Look: National Dragster (1 Viewer)

joe fuchita

Nitro Member
I received today issue 39 of ND, Jeff Arend and Connie Kalitta is on the cover. Interesting, ND shrunk in size but just about all the pages are in color! Frankly, quality is very good - no longer a newspaper but a weekly magazine. Hopefully, this smaller size periodical will help the postal service to speed up the delivery. As Phil Burgess indicated on the last page, size doesn't matter. I told my wife that the new ND will take up less space in the garage.

I just got the October 2 issue on Tuesday. At this rate, I don't expect to see the new issue until Christmas.

Jim

I got mine, and it's pretty nice. I'm sure many here remember waiting for ND to come to see who won a race two weeks before, hard to imagine now! That's been they're biggest challenge, many people probably have stopped subscribing because the race coverage is old news, but they are doing a good job of filling it with different content, and IMO are going in the right direction.

It was nice seeing all the color photos. Like mentioned before with the internet the content can seem a little stale, but my favorite part is looking at all the sportsman results and now all the sportsman cars are in color, big improvement. Good work ND.

Sounds nice, I may have to re-subscribe. (I let it go just over 1 year ago)

Gee, they were just the right size to fit a filing cabinet drawer... looks nice, didn't notice the smaller size, won't have until it hit the filing cabinet...

d'kid

I got mine, and it's pretty nice. I'm sure many here remember waiting for ND to come to see who won a race two weeks before, hard to imagine now! That's been they're biggest challenge, many people probably have stopped subscribing because the race coverage is old news, but they are doing a good job of filling it with different content, and IMO are going in the right direction.

Thats one of the reason I dropped it. (tired of nhra policy was the other) The paper was great but so old by the time I got it. Between the mail delay and then the old content. I needed a chart to figure out the sportsmans stuff. Wathcing week old sportsman on TV, reading online the current then seeing the dragster with month old. It was hard to remember what the order was. The last couple of years that I kept my membership was simply for the audiocast.

I never got why the content delay. Sports Illustrated used to get to me on Thursdays and would have the previous Sundays game info in it.

The post office wasn't and hasn't been at fault for the delays with ND.It's been the problem of the printer.

The new look is nice,and the usage of more color is a big plus along with more sportsman coverage.

.............I'm sure many here remember waiting for ND to come to see who won a race two weeks before, hard to imagine now! .....................
I used to be out at the mailbox daily, with anticipation, totally bummed every day that it was late. Then came the 1-900 results line, remember that was a big break through!:D

I still need to figure out how to change my shipping adress to my school, searched the site for days and couldnt find it

For everyone that has bought stuff from me, you see what i do with my ND's. Between that and the bottom of my bird's cage....they come in handy.

BTW, my Eclectus now has a favorite driver in each catagory. I think he reads them when he is bored.

The post office wasn't and hasn't been at fault for the delays with ND.It's been the problem of the printer.

That's not my thought.......
last week I got two issues on the same day, did you?
If I remember, I'll post the day I get mine, even though I see two other CA. guys posting here now, I'll expect mine by next Tue.

Bob

I've gotten two weeks on the same day a few times. luckily it goes straight to the can for something to read, then it assumes other jobs.

I love the new look, the color and shiny pages look good. I haven't had any problems with my delivery times lately, I usually get mine on either Tuesday or Wednesday of each week.

Ways To Support Nitromater