n.a.s.a-the money pit (1 Viewer)

If the American people saw exactly where all our Tax dollars go, they would throw out every person in Washington! From $200,000 for Ketchup studies, to congressional districts that don't even existing getting $1.5 Mil. in stimulus money! The Fraud is epidemic! There are a MILLION places our Government could save money! They just aren't held accountable by the public!

The only way this Country will wake up is if the employer (me) makes the employee write out the SS, Medicare, Fed and State Tax Checks every Friday on Break. I have 100 people here and I can ask everyone of them what they paid last week in Taxes and they have not clue. That tells me they really don't care. It makes me sick to see what I pay/they pay and where it goes.

I need to develope a simple software program that the average Joe can enter all their spend for the year related to Zip Code so they can really see what they pay. Most people don't even know how many Taxes they pay directly or indirectly.

Here is the sanp shot of Taxes in MN: and under these there are sub Tax groups.

Air emissions fee
Alcoholic beverage tax
Cigarette and tobacco tax
Contamination tax
Controlled substance tax
Corporation franchise tax
County conservation fee
Deed tax
Dry cleaner fees
E-waste registration fee
Estate and trust tax
Fur clothing tax
Hazardous waste fee
Individual income tax
Insurance taxes
Lawful gambling tax
Metropolitan landfill fee
Mineral taxes
MinnesotaCare
Mortgage registry tax
Partnership
Petroleum taxes
Property tax
Property tax refund
REA membership tax
Revenue Recapture Program
S Corporation tax
Sales and use tax
Severed mineral interest
Solid waste management tax
Sports bookmaking tax
Water quality fee
Wind energy production tax
Withholding tax
Unrelated business income tax (UBIT)
Use tax for individuals

See for yourself: Tax information by tax type

Time to take my Blood Pressure Meds....wait til this Health Care BS starts up. The Twin Cities area is strong in Medical Device Production and Development and based on the contacts I have in that industy I believe a lot of it will be leaving for overseas operations based on the 3.8% Health Tax and Development will slow. It is not Obamacare it's OBamadon'tcare!

please, don't remind us of the value added tax - hopefully an election
cycle will happen before that happens.........
pat, talking with fellow who is running for office up here in district 8 (MN)
talking about how high social spending is here in MN (5th highest in nation
i believe?).....anyways, this guys tells me our annual social spending JUST in
MN is over 50 billion a year!!!!.........does that sound rite?!

pat, talking with fellow who is running for office up here in district 8 (MN)talking about how high social spending is here in MN (5th highest in nationi believe?).....anyways, this guys tells me our annual social spending JUST in MN is over 50 billion a year!!!!.........does that sound rite?!

I would have to do a little digging on that. But what I do know is unless people feel the pain and learn not to have a complete and total safety net provided by the Government they will take every dime they can so long as it is free. There are those who truly need and there are those who just take.

It is funny how people willingly accept handouts as a part of life now. They use to be embarrassed to have to accept a hand out.

Makes me sick as I was talking to a placement agency this week and they are having a hard time finding recruits to fill positions because the unemployment is so good right now and it is summer.

Where does all this money come from?

Disclaimer: Although I am a NASA employee I am speaking for myself, not for NASA.

As others have pointed out NASA's annual budget is a small percentage of the overall budget. This link is a good graphical representation of the federal budget. Note that NASA appropriations are in 2 groups: Science, Exploration and NASA Supporting Activities and Space Operations.

Obama?s 2011 Budget Proposal: How It?s Spent - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com

I highly reccomend that if you get the chance to see a launch from the press area do so! I saw the Atlantis launch from near there last May. While not loud (how loud are top fuelers from 3 miles away?) I was amazed that I could actually feel the heat! Our group got to tour the pad a few days later. Chunks of the fire-resistant concrete in the flame trench were blown several hundred yards. I also got to take my 9 year old son to see the Discovery launch in August - we had to stay an extra day to see the launch. Night launces are awesome!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back