Morgan Lucas DNQ (1 Viewer)

SAS

Nitro Member
Perhaps its time to toss out the entire car and all parts. Start with a duplicate of the Troxel setup. Only adjustment to compensate for difference in driver weight , and position. Almost like its haunted.

Its hard to see a well funded team struggle like they are... Perhaps pick a crew chief and stick with him/her??

CJ Curtsinger

Perhaps its time to toss out the entire car and all parts. Start with a duplicate of the Troxel setup. Only adjustment to compensate for difference in driver weight , and position. Almost like its haunted.

Overheard Lance Larsen saying that they swapped Melanie's "stuff" with Morgan's "stuff" and they still have the same problems......

CJ - Welcome! You'll soon learn that confusing some Maters with facts or a reasonable opinion may not go down so well - :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome... Im not trying to confuse facts, but I notice a lot of changes coming from his team and not a lot of performance changing... Perhaps I am completely lost but don't crew cheifs get better the longer they are with the team? That is not to imply Lucas is throwing them out either... I wish he would just be able to qualify at least...

CJ Curtsinger

Keep in mind they only had a few days between the time Tobler was let go and Englishtown. Part of his tune-up and parts may still be in the car. They will get it figured out. The last qualifying run it didn't smoke the tires, so they were on the right track. Each crew chief has his own ideas on parts & tune-ups and all the changes aren't made overnight, as you already know.

Overheard Lance Larsen saying that they swapped Melanie's "stuff" with Morgan's "stuff" and they still have the same problems......

They swapped crews, trailers and some components on the cars, not the entire car.

I agree that there may be "something" with the chassis. It might take some time to get it straightened out.

Keep in mind they only had a few days between the time Tobler was let go and Englishtown. Part of his tune-up and parts may still be in the car. They will get it figured out. The last qualifying run it didn't smoke the tires, so they were on the right track. Each crew chief has his own ideas on parts & tune-ups and all the changes aren't made overnight, as you already know.

There could be a myriad of issues..."Mojo factor" even. I would think that you have to get a crew chief in there, let him/her get their arms around the whole situation and start working. You're right, nothing happens overnight. Time and learning is what's needed here IMHO.

Just my $0.02.

T

Their first run Saturday looked good until the belt fell off, it would have been well under a 4.80 and in the field. IMO Richard Hogan is a capable crew chief and will turn things around.

Now we know why the Crewchiefs get paid like they do! So few good ones out there, the Price get$ Ex$pen$ive!!!!

That's funny, because I heard the Lucas's wanted whoever came in to use the parts they have invested in.

I believe one of the reasons Rahn Tobler was let go, was because he wanted to run the stuff he was accustom to using.(i.e "going in a completely different direction") and now for one more time it's Tobler's fault they DNQed again?

A interesting thing happened while I was in Tulsa over the weekend. Some of the nitro racers there found it quite comical that Lucas DNQed again. I wonder why that was?

A interesting thing happened while I was in Tulsa over the weekend. Some of the nitro racers there found it quite comical that Lucas DNQed again. I wonder why that was?

Am I missing a joke in there? Why would they find it comical he DNQed?

CJ Curtsinger

Look...Rahn Tobler is very, very smart....Now, I know that crew chiefs like to run their own combination, and that takes some time to acquire all of the parts, etc...I wonder if they gave him some sh%t over there about buying all new stuff because of the time it takes to get it and of course, the expense...

I really feel like Rahn got fu#%&d over there, and the proof I guess will be when a new upstart team hires him for 2008 and beyond, lets him choose his own parts, control the tune-up, and whips everyones asses....

I can POSITIVELY tell you that he is on more than one VERY short lists....

Hmmm....(Insight: Courtest Of a Bright Little Birdie.......lol)

Both cars are twins......and thats how they are going to stay.....I dont want you guys running out of things to talk about or anything but we just had a bad weekend. :eek:

Both cars are twins......and thats how they are going to stay.....I dont want you guys running out of things to talk about or anything but we just had a bad weekend. :eek:

Morgan....Maybe you can help me understand this...

Rahn Tobler is too smart to not give you consistency....what actually happened with that situation...? I am just very confused...He was terrific at Kalitta, then you guys struggled....

It just doesn't make sense.... :)

P.S. Keep your head up...It will get better for ya...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back