Mopar Mile High Nationals Pictures (1 Viewer)

Jenn

Nitro Member
There are a lot of pictures here, some of them different parts of the run, and a bunch of shots of Tolivers car when he went in the sand. I could tell he wasn't slowing down and after watching Bartones, I just rapid shuttered the camera just in case. Pictures of the Block Party where I ran into D, pictures of sportsman racing, pro racing, and some scenery shots while I played with my new lens.

Hope you enjoy, but again, there are over 400 shots and I narrowed them from 756.

The ultimate in photo sharing. Online photo albums, photo sharing, photo hosting and photo storage. - powered by SmugMug

756! I see you went to the David Smith school of Drag race photo taking, lol!
If I take around 300 I feel like I've taken pics of everything and anything, your getting better Jenn. Imagine what all this would cost with Film???

Like you had said on the phone, the pictures at this point don't cost anything more and are easily deleted or stored on CD.

I got a 75-300 lens for my birthday and kept getting 'lost' in the viewfinder.
One of the reasons that I posted so many is so that I could get some of the critiques from people who know drag racing photography. I either deleted a bunch of them or moved them into a different folder.

I spent roughly 50 pictures or so just zooming in and out of certain objects, even replacing the 75-300 to the 18-50 lens for comparison knowledge.

Since the week before Easter when I got the camera, I've taken about 5,000 pictures :D:eek: Thanks for saying that they are getting better, as that makes the 5,000 pictures worth it. If I had to pay for development, I'd have already been broke!

Nice choice, I love the Canon SLR's, if I ever get a ton of money I am getting the soon-to-be-announced EOS-40D (30D with increase to 10MP and digic 3 processor and the XTi's dust shaker) and these lenses: 10-22mm, 17-55mm IS, 70-200 F/2.8L IS, Sigma 30mm F/1.4, 50mm 1.8, and a mint copy of Canon's 200mm F/1.8L. Not to mention all the accessories for it.

It's amazing how many people who own digital camera's ask me how to get this or that. I say have you tried shooting this or that? They'll say NO! I keep telling them Digital Pics are FREEEEEE!!! They don't cost anything! When I got my first Nikon D100 I shot anything that moved, all kind of lighting situations, etc... That's really the only way you learn this stuff, on your own.

That article in the ND said that the NHRA staff photographers shot thousands of pictures because you can't go back and say "I wish I'd have gotten a shot of that".

I took a lot of rapid shutter pictures because of that reason and the fact that I'd adjust the lens, and then get lost on my focal point. So I practiced on that alot.

I don't know a whole lot about the different lens issues, so I'll burn that bridge when I decide I've mastered these lenses and need something else to confuse me...:p. A couple of my salesmen said that if I mastering lenses without IS, is one of the greater skills and accomplishments of photography.

I know the Macro photography isn't really my thing and I like scenery and stills.

I think my next investment will be a good flash though.

Last edited:
If you're looking for a good flash, get the Canon 430ex. It's not that pricey, has good range and isn't that big.

Last edited:
It's amazing how many people who own digital camera's ask me how to get this or that. I say have you tried shooting this or that? They'll say NO! I keep telling them Digital Pics are FREEEEEE!!! They don't cost anything! When I got my first Nikon D100 I shot anything that moved, all kind of lighting situations, etc... That's really the only way you learn this stuff, on your own.

You are absolutely correct Joe, I still shoot any and everything. What ever I don't like, I delete. If you want good pics you have to practice and I'm always learning new stuff with my camera.

Good pics by the way Jenn. I usually take anywhere from 600 to 1000 pictures over a race weekend... and I shoot EVERYTHING.:)

Well you still have to pay for the camera, batteries and memory card. THEN they're free. :D

Well you still have to pay for the camera, batteries and memory card. THEN they're free. :D

That's a given with any Camera. The only downside to shooting 600-1000 pics is it's a Royal P.I.T.A. to sift through all those images to decide keep this one....delete that one! And then if I delete them on my I-photo but forget ot delete them on my camera they keep re-loading from one gallery to the next. That's probably why I don't take more images, I spend enough time as it is on a computer.

Jenn, you know what I find interesting... the visible reactions on peoples faces when they were looking at that "camo" paint job. Your pictures show some priceless moments. :) I am only part way through looking, but it looks like you are off on the right foot. :D

Jenn, you know what I find interesting... the visible reactions on peoples faces when they were looking at that "camo" paint job. Your pictures show some priceless moments. :) I am only part way through looking, but it looks like you are off on the right foot. :D

Thanks, I had actually seen the car earlier that day while it was at the scales. I just didn't have my camera on me at the time. That's the part that's hard, I'd like to take pictures of my cars while they are racing, but seeing how I'm usually guiding the line or working on them, it's a wee bit tough :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back