Mike Salinas - Pep Boys (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Noticed on TV show that Mike Salinas has Pep Boys sponsorship. Was that a one time deal or will it be for the season? Hadn't heard anything about it before the race.

I do not think it was a sponsorship but maybe. I think it would have been a bigger deal if it was. Fellow mater Paul Songas posted on Twitter that it was a clone to the wrap that Torrence ran in the past.

Ok I was not crazy, I thought that was a very similar look that the Capco cars had a few years ago.
I assumed it was the same arrangement by Salinas...but who knows, I remember The Petosa Brothers fully painting their Dodge funny car in Mopar livery and running a race, hoping to attract Dodge as a sponsor...didn't happen and the next season they were on Gene Snow's TF car.

Not to hijack, but a TF team had a one race deal lined up with Lucas (Seattle in the early 2000's I believe), with Brady Kalivoda driving?...they even borrowed Lucas crew shirts from Bruce Litton (Lucas sponsored)...through the lights the driver pulled the chutes, that had Prolong proudly displayed...game over lol

Attachments

• 58F948D4-CB6A-48B5-9AF0-A270495804A6.jpeg
    58F948D4-CB6A-48B5-9AF0-A270495804A6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
I assumed it was the same arrangement by Salinas...but who knows, I remember The Petosa Brothers fully painting their Dodge funny car in Mopar livery and running a race, hoping to attract Dodge as a sponsor...didn't happen and the next season they were on Gene Snow's TF car.

Not to hijack, but a TF team had a one race deal lined up with Lucas (Seattle in the early 2000's I believe), with Brady Kalivoda driving?...they even borrowed Lucas crew shirts from Bruce Litton (Lucas sponsored)...through the lights the driver pulled the chutes, that had Prolong proudly displayed...game over lol
I remember hearing a story about a certain Top Fuel team that had a UPS deal all set until the contracts were sent to them via Fed Ex. No idea if it was true or not.

I remember hearing a story about a certain Top Fuel team that had a UPS deal all set until the contracts were sent to them via Fed Ex. No idea if it was true or not.
I heard that same story but in NASCAR in the early 2000s. Supposedly I think it was Buckshot Jones that had the UPS deal lined up and when they were sending the final proposal their office person sent the proposal via FedEx. They ended up going with Dale Jarret a year later....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back