Pep Boys / Advance Auto Parts in California (1 Viewer)

Ramjet

Nitro Member
The Pep Boys Stores in Bakersfield have all been repainted different colors and new signage that says PEP BOYS - ADVANCE AUTO PARTS. All of the old display racks are out in the parking lot and it seems that Advance Auto has taken over the parts section of the stores and Pep Boys has the Service Departments in California. That appearently happened on paper in 2021 and they are just now upgrading the stores. I wonder if this will affect the deal with NHRA and if it will spread outside of California?

The Pep Boys Stores in Bakersfield have all been repainted different colors and new signage that says PEP BOYS - ADVANCE AUTO PARTS. All of the old display racks are out in the parking lot and it seems that Advance Auto has taken over the parts section of the stores and Pep Boys has the Service Departments in California. That appearently happened on paper in 2021 and they are just now upgrading the stores. I wonder if this will affect the deal with NHRA and if it will spread outside of California?
They are already like that in Colorado. When they made the NHRA deal, the transformation from auto parts store to service center was already underway.

Pep boys goal is to be the largest tire distributor in the US. Getting out of the parts business

Not going to be able to sell many parts for electric cars coming soon in CA…. Wonder what Pro Stock will look like in 2035

Not going to be able to sell many parts for electric cars coming soon in CA…. Wonder what Pro Stock will look like in 2035
I don’t know about 2035 but I wish next year they’d look more like they did before they ripped the scoops off and went to injection. Or more like mountain motor or promod does now. oops…ship has sailed.

Pep Boys and Advance are not partners, really, they just share some buildings. In NV Autozone has taken over the retail space in a few Pep Boys locations. The locations I have dealt with lately in CA had pretty much openly hostile relationships between Advance and Pep Boys in the buildings they shared...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back