Mike Ashley Racing sold to Don Schumacher (1 Viewer)

This thing kind of reminds me of the Evan Knoll fiasco but on a smaller scale. BTW what ever happened to the man from PawPaw Michigan? When does the sport implode from all the sky high costs associated with nitro racing at it's top level?

Last edited:
well as long as it keep Antron out there this year and beyond then its a good thing.

Hope everything works out well for Mike

A friend of mine, who is in the lending biz (for over 25 years) told me about a year ago that lenders like Lend America would be "toast" by the end of this year. He gave several reasons including the one Lend America is going up against now.

I'll have to give him a call and see what he has to say about it. If he is right (and he is a pretty smart dude) others will surely be falling too.

What a mess. I hope Ashley can survive. He seems like a sincere and solid guy but you never know for sure until it all plays out. There is always two sides.

No brainer here. He sells a partially funded team at near peak value to an owner that needs a blocker for the last two races. After things settle down, Mike Ashley buys newer equipment from a distressed owner next year at pennies on the dollar.

Schumacher and Ashley are two of the smartest businessmen in drag racing.

This was the third "fire sale" of this team in less than a year and none of the sales were at peak value. The key words in the press release was that DSR would keep the team together for the last two races this year.

There is a whole lot of things going on behind the scenes that will probably never become public. Keep tuned as "the world turns" continues.

oh brother :rolleyes: and the force haters talk about him having a lot of money and buying the championship LOL> how ironic he buys the team just before the championship is decided. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ top fuel is lame anyway

The Don just bought another T/F championship for his boy Tony.

no, don has provided a means for antron to continue and race for
the title..........mark my words, any antron/tony matchup in the next
8 rounds will be worth the price of admission as they will run heads up
giving the fans what they paid for.

oh brother :rolleyes: and the force haters talk about him having a lot of money and buying the championship LOL> how ironic he buys the team just before the championship is decided. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ top fuel is lame anyway

This arguement would have merit Jeff if we didn't have the recent Top Fuel record books to look at. Unless you threw yours out with the garbage last week you would see that DSR has 2 shelves worth of Top Fuel Championships and probably doesn't feel the need to buy one.

I look at the media and society in general and understand that everyone in this world is gulity until proven innocent.

The head honcho at DSR actually came on the board a few weeks back and said his experiment with "the dive" in the past was an utter failure. He promised that this would never happen again on his watch.

So Mr. Schumacher tells the maters in writing it will never happen again and some still say he "will be guilty".

Let the last 2 races play out before you rush to judgement on a guy helps make the sport more appealing by putting cars in the field.

Is anyone taking the angle that DSR stepped in with $$$ that would help a driver (Antron) finish what he started in Pomona way back in February.

Last edited:
I look at the media and society in general and understand that everyone in this world is gulity until proven innocence.

The head honcho at DSR actually came on the board a few weeks back and said his experiment with "the dive" in the past was an utter failure. He promised that this would never happen again on his watch.

So Mr. Schumacher tells the maters in writing it will never happen again and some still say he "will be guilty".

Let the last 2 races play out before you rush to judgement on a guy helps make the sport more appealing by putting cars in the field.

Is anyone taking the angle that DSR stepped in with $$$ that would help a driver (Antron) finish what he started in Pomona way back in February.

Great post Bullard...

You and Jeff are just trying to drag DSR into the same league as JFR (the black eye for the NHRA this year with their dive and events that followed in Indy). Does misery need company?

As I see it this could have gone in a totally different direction.

Mike could have...

1. Not come on the mater and post his position on this issue.
2. close the doors on MAR and let everybody go..
3. Antron could have lost his ride with 2 races left and never had a shot at a title.

Don could have...

1. Tell Mike well I am just not interested at this time knowing that Antron would be parked and that would be one less team to worry about.
2. Could have tried to pick Matco and leave the whole team out in the street.

So, maybe im wrong but both guys did a stand up job for the people of MAR and now Antron still gets the shot at the trophy. Mike has issues to deal with and that is his business and Don will do the best for DSR and the new people from MAR and that is his business.

As it goes about diving. Don came here and said it will never happen at DSR again. So lets let them race...

My 2 cents

I think Skloss was saying that Don was stacking the deck for his son. I'll disagree with that until proven wrong. I'll stand on my original comment that Don now has 2 strong contenders to win TF. Two great sponsors, two awesome teams, and two fantastic drivers. Call me naive.................. :rolleyes:

I think Skloss was saying that Don was stacking the deck for his son. I'll disagree with that until proven wrong. I'll stand on my original comment that Don now has 2 strong contenders to win TF. Two great sponsors, two awesome teams, and two fantastic drivers. Call me naive.................. :rolleyes:
I found the original statement ridiculous, if either Tony, Cory, or Antron win, it will be under the DSR banner and Don wins regardless of who the individual is. I wish the best of luck to the entire DSR team.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back