Mike Ashley Racing sold to Don Schumacher (1 Viewer)

No brainer here. He sells a partially funded team at near peak value to an owner that needs a blocker for the last two races. After things settle down, Mike Ashley buys newer equipment from a distressed owner next year at pennies on the dollar.

Schumacher and Ashley are two of the smartest businessmen in drag racing.

This is just weird on tooo many levels--my head is spinning! DSR had Matco---DSR lost Matco--DSR Had Antron--DSR lost Antron...
Lets just let JFR + DSR buy all the teams they can afford-flip for lane choice -all of each team in that lane--that way theres no diving...am i babbling now? Gawd--I know its all business now--we are no long watching a "sport' or a "hobby"--we're watching a bunch of business decisions.. WAAAA! :eek:

Gawd--I know its all business now--we are no long watching a "sport' or a "hobby"--we're watching a bunch of business decisions.. WAAAA!

If you want to watch the guys who are in it for the sport or hobby end of racing, go to a Lucas Oil points race next season.

Jim

NHRA drag racing is a huge business and a huge sport, and I love it. More money, more teams, more fun.

I have no particular insight but.....Mike Ashley has to devote every once of energy to the Govt case right now. They're trying to put him out of business.

Don's a business-person. This could be a good pure-business opportunity for DSR and (IMHO) he is not going to scuttle AB's opportunity to win the Championship. There MIGHT even be some altruism in it.

No brainer here. He sells a partially funded team at near peak value to an owner that needs a blocker for the last two races. After things settle down, Mike Ashley buys newer equipment from a distressed owner next year at pennies on the dollar.

You assume that Antron and Matco are going to roll over and play dead being on -81 pts. Dude, get that sh!! out of here.

I'm only debating one word in your post, not the entire post. "Blocker".

Should be an interesting final 2 races with DSR having three of the top 4 dragsters and Force having the top 2 Funny Cars. It would be ironic if Larry Dixon won the championship despite being surrounded by DSR cars.

I have no particular insight but.....Mike Ashley has to devote every once of energy to the Govt case right now. They're trying to put him out of business.

Don's a business-person. This could be a good pure-business opportunity for DSR and (IMHO) he is not going to scuttle AB's opportunity to win the Championship. There MIGHT even be some altruism in it.

Absolutely makes perfect sense.

Also makes sense (except maybe the blocker deal--how bout more exposure for DSR?).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back