Micro$oft Vista video I saw.... (1 Viewer)

I think Microsoft should bite the bullet and let Vista die.

Most large companies don't want to spend what it would take to update hardware for every station to accomodate this resource hog.

I asked out IT guys (Who are really pretty good at what they do here.) if they were considering Vista, and they looked at me like I was one crazed induhvidual.

"No F&%$#@G way!" was the succinct reply.

I'm glad I never made the switch. I played around with Vista RC1 and RC2 and that was enough to tell me it wasn't for me. When I bought my laptop about 1 1/2 years ago I got a certificate for a free "upgrade" to Vista but I passed, I stuck with XP MCE. My main desktop is running XP Pro and my old desktop that's used for filesharing runs XP Home. I never had any experience with Win ME, thankfully. I did have to suffer through Win NT at my old job at Amana. I ran a machine called a rotovac (thermo-forming machine) that heated up large plastic sheets and formed them into refrigerator cabinet liners and the PC that controlled it used Win NT. I hated that computer with a passion!

I have been a PC person all my life, but am considering switching over to the iMAC

The owner of the company I work for thought the same thing after trying to switch his laptop to vista. So he bought a Mac Book Pro (over 3 grand) and it didn't play well with the domain (Small Biz 2003) so he had me use bootcamp to split the hard drive and load XP Pro, talk about a waste. As the IT manager, there are some days I hate going to work!

So I got me a new Toshiba laptop,unfortunately it has Vista on it-it's already been in for repairs for the Toshiba black screen syndrome.

Is there a way to get rid of Vista and install XP? Or isn't there enough room here to tell me!!-just seems like it's slow and there's too many layers of sh#t to go through before you get to what you need etc.

I did have to suffer through Win NT at my old job at Amana. I ran a machine called a rotovac (thermo-forming machine) that heated up large plastic sheets and formed them into refrigerator cabinet liners and the PC that controlled it used Win NT. I hated that computer with a passion!
I worked in the foam room from '74 - '76..pumping your fridges full..after you formed them..hehe

I just purchased another new Laptop but it came with Vista. It took me about 10 seconds after hearing that to decide to wipe the entire hard drive clean and install a fresh copy of XP Pro. Runs like a top! Vista sucks green rocks!

I worked in the foam room from '74 - '76..pumping your fridges full..after you formed them..hehe
I worked in the foam dept for about 2 1/2 years before I went over to the plastics dept. I normally ran the side x side fixtures but also ran the 3 bottom mount fixtures on occasion that were right next to them. That was an interesting dept. some nights smooth as can be and other nights complete nightmares. I always loved it when the idiots on the line would sent over a cabinet with no liners so it would foam the cabinet to the core. :mad: Crossovers were real fun too. :rolleyes:

I have been a PC person all my life, but am considering switching over to the iMAC

My group manages about 30,000 Windows PCs at work, and about 3 months ago bought my first Mac (MacBook Pro). I have it split with bootcamp to run Windows when I have to, but for my personal use, it's a MAC all the way!

There was a bit of a learning curve at first, but it's solid, runs great, and is very stable..

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back