Metallica Fans (2 Viewers)

I listened to the entire cd last night, and I am still not impressed, 10 songs, and it honestly to me sounds like an extension of St Anger, and wouldn't be surprised if they weren't written for Anger and scrapped the first go around.

I have listened to the entire album a couple of times now and I like what I hear. So far my favorites are Cyanide, The End of the Line, My Apocalypse, and The Day that Never Comes. I was shocked to see the return of an instrumental only song. Joe, you will not be disappointed with the show, at least I have never been disappointed.

I went to WalMart Friday night to go get food for the kids, and saw the display for the cd, and decided I would wander over and go look at it. It was still full of cd's and the rollback sticker on the front said $8.89 marked down from $13.99. I busted up laughing and walked away.

I went to WalMart Friday night to go get food for the kids, and saw the display for the cd, and decided I would wander over and go look at it. It was still full of cd's and the rollback sticker on the front said $8.89 marked down from $13.99. I busted up laughing and walked away.

That's funny, I went into Best Buy Friday night and the display was empty with the store associate restocking it. I will be shocked if the album is not in the Billboard top 5 next week.

Joe, you will not be disappointed with the show, at least I have never been disappointed.

They are definitely an awesome live band!
He is right Joe I don't think you will be disappointed....I still say their best stuff is now behind them even though this was a better effort than the last album.
But for a 3 year wait I'm disappointed.

Their Concert on Oct. 23 tickets went on sale Sat. at 10 AM and it sold out in just 4 hrs! About 12,000 seats...

Spiffy.

What? Am I the only one who liked St. Anger? :eek:

Need to listen to it more but I liked the first couple listens plus the reviews are good, sales are good ... need to get my tix for the show in Seattle in December.

I actually don't mind St. Anger if I listen to the DVD which came with the album. The way the snare sounds in the studio version of the album annoys me. I know many Metallica fans who can't stand St. Anger.

I actually don't mind St. Anger if I listen to the DVD which came with the album. The way the snare sounds in the studio version of the album annoys me. I know many Metallica fans who can't stand St. Anger.

Yes, I've heard that criticism a lot. I don't really have an issue with the tinny sounding drum. But, I understand why it may bother people. In fact, it wasn't really until I heard the first few songs off Death Magnetic that I realized just how tinny Lars' drums sounded on St. Anger. I really like St. Anger. It's really effed up. Heh. I can kind of relate to that.

I checked tickets yesterday for the Seattle show and I waited too long. It wasn't sold out but there were only nosebleed seats left and I refuse to pay $60 and then some to be that far away. I should've bought tickets when I got my first pre-sale code a couple weeks ago. But, my husband wanted to buy me a birthday gift. Silly. :p

Death Magnetic is good, IMO. Picked it up this week, and listened to it while running my sales territory. Definitely better than St. Anger, which took awhile to grow on me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back