matt scranton coments. (1 Viewer)

i would place a big bet.. that if you walked thru the parking lots at dragraces.. Nats or other wise you will find a few Toyotas parked there.. so it would be a good investment for them... it doesn't have to be profitable... just a little brand recignition.. and they could always use the tax write off from the advertising....lol...

Billy W

I agree. When PS started, you could go to the dealer and order a Hemi Cuda, BB Camaro, Boss 429 Mustang, or similar "American" muscle car. Today the GTO, Stratus, etc. is not that different from a Toyota. If that keeps more teams racing, is it a bad thing?

Some of us remember the early days of ProStock. Hemi Demons, Vega V-8's and Dyno Don's Maverick with a SOHC 427 in it. Precisely none of those cars was a factory available engine chassis combination. (Ironically, a Hornet V8 was available at your local dealer).
The truth is that Pro/Stock is more Pro than stock. That's fine with me.
Any entrant in Pro Stock is going to need a purpose built combination that is close enough to stock to satisfy the NHRA. Fair enough.
There is, of course, a world of difference between a GTO and a Stratus. The GTO is a great deal closer to the muscle car/Super Stock origins of Pro Stock than is the Dodge.
Also please note: If your marginal tax rate is 28% each dollar spent on a "tax write off" only saves you 28 cents. Spending a dollar to get a 28 cent return is a quick way to go broke.
I'd like to see Ford back in Pro/Stock and Toyota, too. The more the merrier.
Cheers,
Ed

They were running a used GA motor.

So what dose Scranton have that would get them an "in" with GA ? I'm sure there are a ton of other teams that would love to run a used GA motor............

there has to be something that GA feels he can benefit from this.

So what dose Scranton have that would get them an "in" with GA ? I'm sure there are a ton of other teams that would love to run a used GA motor............

there has to be something that GA feels he can benefit from this.

I am only guessing here, but I am going to guess $$$$$$.

The Scrantons get top notch equipment and setup info, KB Racing gets some ROI.

By dealing w/Scranton only, he keeps everything inhouse and the data comes right back to him because he is "helping them" (Scranton bros.). If the Bro starts running a car, Greg basically has a four car team. And that should put him out there that much further, know what I mean?

Hello. It is true that Dad has talked with, and been to toyota racing. But I do not think it has gone anywhere? I saw Dad this afternoon, and we are both of the opinion, that we can all possibly see ga. in a toyota in the future???? I know that several folks would have paid top dollar for an engine, much less a car, from ga. So I think that there has to be some pretty good reason for them to give anyone an engine, and tuning at an event? On a side note, great job goes out to scrantons. I do not in any way put matt on a driving level a other sport compact driver attempts? BG

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back