matt scranton coments. (1 Viewer)

afx421

Nitro Member
well the rumor mill can be in full swing now. everyone heard it from matt scranton in his top end interview- they are trying to get toyota into pro stock. and interesting that greg anderson and jason line are his so called coaches. hmmmmm ;) as long as greg and jason stay in a pontiac ill be fine lol:D

I believe it was said on the audiocast, that his car is an old KB car, with a KB motor in it... vewy intiwesting... :D
sssshhh, hunting wabbits... :eek:

I'm willing to bet the connection/help from the KB Team was part of the deal when buying the car..... along the lines of we will pay that price if you help get us going with it since you know how it works..... i've seen that before....

And i would bet since he made the commints to the public, it might end due to a call from GM to KB racing....lol....

Billy

Woohoo!! I can't hide from this one... good on ya, Scranton Brothers!! You all were a force to be reckon with in the Mustang racing days and then year after year in the Sport Compacts... when the two of you are hooked up, it is a dangerous scenario for the competition!

Good job this weekend and can't wait to see ya in more Pro Stock races!

I am sure Toyota will be just as impressive in NHRA Pro Stock their first year (if they come) as they are in NASCRAP....:D

I heard a rumor and I'm pretty sure Gary heard it also. An exchamp pro stock driver and crewchief was approached about building a motor for toyota. some of you others may have heard it also.

I don't think there is a big enough return on investment for Toyota to get involved in Pro Stock

Billy mentioned that a month ago..

I hope shit starts happening..it's time for a shake-up.

HI:)
If these rumors are true and Toyota had half a brain they would give Bob Glidden anything and everything he wanted, then let him have total control and you could nearly "bet the house" they would have a championship caliber team within half a dozen years.
Thanks JP:D

If this is true, i'm gonna be sick. Bob's one of the reasons I root for/buy blue oval today! :eek:

Phillip its true. From what Billy posted on another site a few weeks ago is that he had met with Toyota and that they were talking but that was as far as it had progressed at that time. If I remember correctly the guy running Toyota's motorsports program used to be over the Glidden Ford deal or something. I dont remember exactly what it is but he was involved with Glidden back in the day and is now with Toyota so thats how the meeting got arranged. Hopefully something will happen. I have been a BG fan forever, and I always will be. To me, he's the best there's ever been. Maybe if Billy see's this he can post if he knows anything more or can let us know.

Phillip its true. From what Billy posted on another site a few weeks ago is that he had met with Toyota and that they were talking but that was as far as it had progressed at that time. If I remember correctly the guy running Toyota's motorsports program used to be over the Glidden Ford deal or something. I dont remember exactly what it is but he was involved with Glidden back in the day and is now with Toyota so thats how the meeting got arranged. Hopefully something will happen. I have been a BG fan forever, and I always will be. To me, he's the best there's ever been. Maybe if Billy see's this he can post if he knows anything more or can let us know.

WOW....Thanks Justin......I've been a BG fan forever also!.......Toyota would be stupid for not going through with that deal.

I don't think there is a big enough return on investment for Toyota to get involved in Pro Stock

i would place a big bet.. that if you walked thru the parking lots at dragraces.. Nats or other wise you will find a few Toyotas parked there.. so it would be a good investment for them... it doesn't have to be profitable... just a little brand recignition.. and they could always use the tax write off from the advertising....lol...

Billy W

You guys must have heard a different top end interview than I did. Matt stated he was putting the rumors to rest that his Pro Stock deal "had NOTHING to do with Toyota" and that Greg and Jason were coaching him and his team "So they can approach Toyota in the future to try to INTEREST them in Pro Stock".

I took that to mean Matt was saying he is trying to build a good/winning team to try attract Toyota backing in the future. That is light years away from the definitives being tossed around in this thread.

Good luck to the Scrantons, I hope they do well enough to attract factory backing, whichever factory that may wind up being.

Last edited:
You guys must have heard a different top end interview than I did. Matt stated he was putting the rumors to rest that his Pro Stock deal "had NOTHING to do with Toyota" and that Greg and Jason were coaching him and his team "So they can approach Toyota in the future to try to INTEREST them in Pro Stock".

I took that to mean Matt was saying he is trying to build a good/winning team to try attract Toyota backing in the future.

thats what i heard also.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back