Manzo to Join Al-Anabi Racing (1 Viewer)

Yeah Frank!! Couldn't be for a better person, racer, team.

Don't know how many of you actually know Frank, John and the rest of the gang, but for the success that they have had, they are some of the most Grounded people at the track.

I couldn't be happier for the representation for him. He's earned it. He didn't get where he is by always having success, he got there by hard work and racing smart.

I have no doubt that this decision was not the easiest one for him to make, he's been extremely loyal to Forrest and Charlotte. I have no doubt that their friendship will last forever.
Spit spot on, Nancy. I'm sure The Lucas' will back this all the way.

..and for some reason I have no doubt that you'll still see Frank doing construction on some road, somewhere in New Jersey..

I think this is great for Frank, and the sport. At first I thought he was going Nitro racing, but glad to see he'll still be running Alky..

If you watched the sheik at the US Nationals...he was on the line each time Manzo was running so this doesn't really surprise me

What would any of us do if we had that kind of money and passion for a sport?

I'd buy four Nitro Funny cars and Hire JF, TP, RH & CP to drive them. Make them work as a team and all orders for anything would go through me.
If I had that kind of Money!

Oh and Id buy NHRA & IHRA and do the same thing. Make them work as a team:eek:

The Sheik is, of course a member of the royal family of Qatar.

The country has a 37 year KNOWN supply of oil reserves.

Third in the world in natural gas reseves.

Has a .4% unemployment rate and BILLIONS in its budget SURPLUS.

13% industrial GROWTH rate.

Don't think it's a bad deal for Ace.

With the current state of the good old USA, I'd be more worried if I was sponsored by the UNITED STATES ARMY.

I don't understand why anyone would worry about if and when the Sheik gets tired of it and quits. Like Doc said, everything ends sometime. Would anyone here turn down a 3-year deal if there was no guarentee the deal wouldn't renew in year 4? I am a little surprised about Al-Anabi wanting a TAFC, maybe their longer term plan is bolt Manzo into a fuel car? Either way, cool stuff.

This is great news. Maybe Lucas Oil can now give some sponsorship money to another deserving alky driver.

That's the same thing I was thinking when I saw the title of the thread.
I am glad for Frank, to me he is the most dominating racer out there.
Also thanks to Lucas for picking him up when he lost his last sponsor, I think it was a good investment.

Comparing the Sheikh to Evan Knoll would be like comparing Exxon to the gas station attendant that pumps your gas.
Good call Bobby ... I don't think people understand that unless the Middle East dries up, the Sheikh has a bottomless supply of $$$. In reality, Evan Knoll and even Mr. Lucas are "poor" (figuratively speaking) when compared directly to the Sheikh

Yeah Frank!! Couldn't be for a better person, racer, team.

Don't know how many of you actually know Frank, John and the rest of the gang, but for the success that they have had, they are some of the most Grounded people at the track.

I couldn't be happier for the representation for him. He's earned it. He didn't get where he is by always having success, he got there by hard work and racing smart.

I have no doubt that this decision was not the easiest one for him to make, he's been extremely loyal to Forrest and Charlotte. I have no doubt that their friendship will last forever.

I'll back up every Nancy said-I remember one year he lost at the E-town National-the next Saturday he was up at Lebanon Valley testing (it was the week before the points race there) and he said it was because he didn't like losing as early as he did.

I've been to most of the points races in D1 the last 10 years, and often comp is parked near the Alky cars. I've never seem him brag about winning but you can tell in the smile he has after a win how proud he is about how well he has done. Forrest Lucas said "The guy is arguably the best drag racer of all time" and while I'm not sure about that, the only other guy who has ever dominated a class for as long as Frank has is Bob Glidden.

With the current state of the good old USA, I'd be more worried if I was sponsored by the UNITED STATES ARMY.

I wouldn't worry about that. The US Army is probably one of the few true growth industries out there. It's kind of a partnership between them and Al-Anabi's interests - they're the security needed in a bad neighbourhood...

I wouldn't worry about that. The US Army is probably one of the few true growth industries out there. It's kind of a partnership between them and Al-Anabi's interests - they're the security needed in a bad neighbourhood...

Qatar and the Army work together-people, supplies, and equipment who and which go to Iraq often start off there.

Pumped up for Frank Manzo. One of the good guys of the sport.

Hope Lucas Racing finds someone that will fill some big shoes.

I know another sheik who loved speed and racing.

5515-2863.gif

Why doesn't Khalid sponsor a race... or better yet buy the NHRA and save the sport. He obviously loves drag racing enough. Maybe he can make things right.

Last edited:
I know another sheik who loved speed and racing.

5515-2863.gif

Why doesn't Khalid sponsor a race... or better yet buy the NHRA and save the sport. He obviously loves drag racing enough. Maybe he can make things right.

That was freak'in perfect.........needed a laugh

FYI...There is no Mr. Al-Anabi. The person behind the team is Sheikh Khalid Bin Hamad Al Thani. Al-Anabi means "Go Team Maroon."

Jim

Sorry for my mistake. As I said in my original post, I do not know how to spell or pronounce his name. I figured just calling him Mr. Al-Anabi was the easiest way I could think of to refer to him, other than by his name. Would you have been more comfortable if I would have called him "the arabic gentleman with the fat pocketbook"?

Give me break.
Dave

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back