Manzo to Join Al-Anabi Racing (1 Viewer)

Without trying to start a big debate, this deal keeps reminding me of Evan Knoll. I don't know anything about Mr. Al-Anabi (sorry, I can't spell or pronounce his name) but I'm guessing the situations are a bit different. One can only hope with all of the increases with this group (I've heard more are on the way) is that Mr. Al-Anabi doesn't suddenly lose interest in the sport and leave everybody hanging.

Dave

Without trying to start a big debate, this deal keeps reminding me of Evan Knoll. I don't know anything about Mr. Al-Anabi (sorry, I can't spell or pronounce his name) but I'm guessing the situations are a bit different. One can only hope with all of the increases with this group (I've heard more are on the way) is that Mr. Al-Anabi doesn't suddenly lose interest in the sport and leave everybody hanging.

Dave

No, nobody could ever figure out where EK's $$$ came from. The Sheik is loaded. He's got more money than the rest of the NHRA teams all combined.

And I thought Manzo was unbeatable already, wonder if they want a top dragster driver :D

Exactly, imagine Frank with a ton of cash behind him. Everyone else better hope there isn't a second car coming, if there is, everyone is racing for 3rd.

Dave

Can you name any sponsorship that has been open-ended? I know Bernstein can't and he's landed some of the best ever in the sport. All good things will, one day, come to an end.

Its pretty funny at all the divisionals I go too that have the alcohol cars, he's got probably the smallest rig and crew of everyone but still is almost always #1 qualifier and winner

FYI...There is no Mr. Al-Anabi. The person behind the team is Sheikh Khalid Bin Hamad Al Thani. Al-Anabi means "Go Team Maroon."

Jim

Comparing the Sheikh to Evan Knoll would be like comparing Exxon to the gas station attendant that pumps your gas.

What would any of us do if we had that kind of money and passion for a sport?
I would very possibly do the same thing.
Enjoy what I enjoy.
I have no problem with it at all.
The Shiek is not EK.
All involved are long time racers that know the business.
Who am I to question their reason?
I would enjoy being a part of it myself.
I wonder if he has any real estate interests?
I'd love to be his Maroon shirted stateside realtor.

Hey..he's building an empire of drag racing. I don't see a problem.

'Sides that..damn good looking cars.

Young Sheik..likes fast..and willing to spend money to win at it. yeehaa

This is great news. Maybe Lucas Oil can now give some sponsorship money to another deserving alky driver.

Yeah Frank!! Couldn't be for a better person, racer, team.

Don't know how many of you actually know Frank, John and the rest of the gang, but for the success that they have had, they are some of the most Grounded people at the track.

I couldn't be happier for the representation for him. He's earned it. He didn't get where he is by always having success, he got there by hard work and racing smart.

I have no doubt that this decision was not the easiest one for him to make, he's been extremely loyal to Forrest and Charlotte. I have no doubt that their friendship will last forever.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back