Making Progress, Anderson Will Roll Off Seventh in Englishtown (1 Viewer)

The qualifying records for the NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, N.J. will show that Summit Racing driver Greg Anderson earned the seventh starting position for Sunday’s final eliminations based on his 6.517-second, 212.53 mph pass on his fourth and final attempt on Saturday afternoon, duplicating his quickest time from Friday.

Of equal importance, however, were the significant gains the KB Racing crew had made with Anderson’s race car throughout the two days at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park, with the four-time champion crediting his less-than satisfactory run on Saturday morning with giving the team valuable information in that regard, bolstering his confidence heading into his first round match-up with rival Greg Stanfield, who qualified 10th.

“Our first run this morning was definitely a clunker, but we did learn a lot from it,” said Anderson. “We were able to fix a lot of those ills for our second run today, and I believe it’s going to finally break us through on the direction we need to be heading. We made a big breakthrough on that run, and having hopefully solved something that has been plaguing for quite a while, I really do feel we can run faster tomorrow. I’m cautiously optimistic, but think we learned something that will make our Summit Racing Pontiac better tomorrow, which is great news.

“The bad news is that there are about eight cars running just about the same, so we are in for a real dog fight. We’ll not only have to have our car right, but the driver will have to do his job as well. The pressure is on me, and we’ll just have to see how I do, but it feels good to know I’m going to have a good horse under me tomorrow.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back