Listening to 4-Wide Racing (2 Viewers)

clwill

Nitro Member
Is it just me, or does anyone else find that listening to quads racing is difficult? Two-wide, I can do it, I can see the pair in my head, I can understand who won, who lost. Given the numbers, I can even visualize the margin at the top end. But with four of them, I can't take it all in. I can't visualize it all.

This is NOT a dig at Alan or the announcers. They are doing their usual great job. It's just that it's so hard to comprehend four seconds with four cars.

Or maybe I'm just getting old...

Right on the money Chris!
Alan & Co doing a great job & nice to hear Doug Herbert too!!! :cool:

2nd Cheryl's comment!!! :mad:

the sounds are neat in person, but if one car goes up in smoke or out of shape, your eyes follow it and you loose the other 3 and gotta try to figure it out.. it's worth going and seeing once.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that listening to quads racing is difficult? Or maybe I'm just getting old...

Nah....you're not getting old. I've always said it.....4x takes an incredibly exciting sport and dilutes it. You end-up concentrating on two cars at most anyway, so the other two are simply ignored. Then watching the rat's nest of numbers at the end as they switch around tabulating makes it difficult to keep straight. More frustration than anything else I guess. Ditch 4x....it's a silly gimmick that only gives one plus. The chance to hear four cars launch instead of two. Big deal....

Getting old? Nah....getting more curmudgeon-y and cantankerous, absolutely. I am the neighbor that would put 4x in my trash if it landed in my backyard.

Last edited:
NOT going to watch...
Do NOT Believe it should be points race, as loosers advance to 2nd round.

ymho,
d'kid

What I don't like about it is, it takes away from one-on-one rivalries. For instance, let's say there's a second round match with Jeg vs. Edwards. Two great drivers and two powerful cars. Normally it would be interesting to watch the starting line strategies and the side by side run. With four cars, it distracts from what would be a marquee match-up. It would be like Ali and Frazier going at it with two other boxers in the ring. Just my opinion!! I'm glad it's ONLY just one race a year. :rolleyes:

I think it's a neat deal being only once a year. Definitely on my to-do list to make it to that race. And it seems like a healthy crowd, so the fans must dig it.

My point of this post was less about bashing the four-wide in general, just how hard it is to listen to the audiocast. I just turned it off in frustration, and I make a point of listening to it every race day. I guess I'll catch the TV show.

Registered member said:
Go Nunzio, it's a great track, all concrete, low altitude, quick & fast. You won't believe the roar & vibration. Most on here hav'nt even been, yet they complain. You'll enjoy.

I've seen it on TV, I've seen it in person, (heck I've even raced it), and it's ALL good.

I'm with Karl as far as not liking 2nd place advancing to next rd. but hey, theres a lot nhra does that I don't agree with.

I'm with Karl as far as not liking 2nd place advancing to next rd. but hey, theres a lot nhra does that I don't agree with.

Works for the World of Outlaws....top finishers in the heat races advance to the Feature....

I did have to raise an eyebrow at a couple of 2nd place racers bragging about winning the round and advancing to the next one. They didn't win the round - they simply won the right to advance to the next round.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back