Four Wide (1 Viewer)

Attendance didn’t look that great in Vegas. I remember thinking that other years as well. Lots of room to spread out in the stands. But LVMS still pisses me off bc they won’t sell you prime seats for a single day ahead of time. So lately I’ve been going Sunday only and selling Fri/Sat potions of the weekend pkg. but I’m done with that. It’s my fav track but crappy policy. Plus, taxis and Uber very unreliable at end of race.

I think they don’t do well because there aren’t many cities within drive distance like some tracks.
spring race has always been slow. 4 wide helped it some.

Attendance didn’t look that great in Vegas. I remember thinking that other years as well. Lots of room to spread out in the stands. But LVMS still pisses me off bc they won’t sell you prime seats for a single day ahead of time. So lately I’ve been going Sunday only and selling Fri/Sat potions of the weekend pkg. but I’m done with that. It’s my fav track but crappy policy. Plus, taxis and Uber very unreliable at end of race.

I think they don’t do well because there aren’t many cities within drive distance like some tracks.
I was able to buy single day reserved tickets for Friday and Saturday at the recent Vegas 4-wide event. I called the track's 800 number about a month ahead of time, because they are not offered online. Only the weekend packages seem to be available online. This was the fourth time I have attended the Vegas 4-wide. I don't care for the format, but it's still a nitro fix, and I've spent the last 3 winters in the Vegas area so it's close by. Four nitro cars at once does not seem THAT much louder to me than two cars, but I did think it rattles your cage more noticeably. One of the things I haven't liked about the format is just how quickly everything is over, whether qualifying or eliminations. Being curious, I timed the first Pro qualifying session. Starting with the Pro Stock car session from when the first quad started their motors, the tractors doing their thing after PS was finished to prep the track for the nitro session (FYI the tractors took as long to do their thing as it took to run the PS qualifying session...12 minutes), the ensuing crew chiefs checking out the track, then the nitro session itself. All of that took 57 minutes.

I’m sitting here at Zmax waiting for the finals, and the best I can say is it was nice to get the nitro fix, and I’ve got a great spot in the campground. Otherwise, they can can 4 wide as far as I’m concerned. As stated in a previous post, a complete pro class qualifying round, with no track issues, is done in 12 minutes or so. The action just doesn’t last long enough. And 3 short rounds on Sunday. I’ve only missed one 4 wide at Charlotte, and I wouldn’t miss it if they never had another one.

As others have said, it's a one-time deal. Some of my friends went to Vegas 4-wide and swore never again. My biggest gripe with it is that every time something gets on the track they re-prep all four lanes....and it takes forever. I began to feel bad for the fans in the stands because the amount of actual racing vs. downtime is terribly skewed compared to 2-wide. If they are going to run 4-wide maybe the tracks should have four tractors instead of two. Better yet, just quit 4-wide - it's not really racing, it's a side show.

I did enjoy the traditional 2-wide sportsman racing, but lost interest quickly when they lined cars up 4-wide and tended to walk away from NHRA.tv. But it's over now, and we can get back to racing!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back