Line Keeps Pace in Memphis, Qualifies Third (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]After posting the third quickest time during the opening day of qualifying for the O’Reilly NHRA Mid-South Nationals, Summit Racing Pontiac driver Jason Line knew improvement would be necessary during Saturday’s final qualifying sessions in order to maintain his top starting position. Fortunately, the KB Racing crew was up to the c hallenge, with Line tripping the finish line timers in 6.568-seconds during the early session, which was second quickest for the round.

Feeling confident that they had secured the third starting position for Sunday’s final eliminations at Memphis Motorsports Park, the Summit Racing crew used their final attempt to test a few components, with the primary benefit of their 6.622-second, 209.20 mph pass being the additional data they had generated. With a solid set-up for race day, Line felt good about his chances of securing his first Memphis win.

“Over all, we’re pretty pleased with our performance in qualifying,” said Line. “Our Summit Racing Pontiac made three pretty good runs, and we were able to get a good starting spot for Sunday.

“We didn’t think the starting order would change in the last qualifying session, so we took advantage of the opportunity to test a few components. Although it didn’t turn out the way we’d like, we still learned a few things for the future.

“The good news is that I feel we have a pretty good car for tomorrow, as does my teammate, so I’m feeling pretty optimistic going into race day. Hopefully we can both do a good job and even though we’re on the same side of the ladder, we’ll be able to get one of our Summit Pontiacs to the winner’s circle.”

Established in 1968, Summit Racing Equipment is the leading high performance parts and accessories company. Summit Racing offers the largest selection, lowest prices, and best customer service in the high performance industry via catalogs, Internet, and Retail Super Stores. The company is headquartered in Tallmadge, Ohio with retail locations in Tallmadge, Ohio; Sparks, Nevada; and McDonough, Georgia.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back