Laughlin & Elite (1 Viewer)

Count me among the die hard Mopar faithful.
But, once NHRA changed the engine rules, I record all races so I can fast forward through PS.
So can we assume, then, that you don't watch anything except stock and super stock? They're the only ones required to use the same make engine, correct? Or are you just being a baby and complaining just to complain? All the while, you're watching all these other classes where cars have any engine between the rails...and it's ok for them. How does that work exactly?

Personally, I love drag racing. I don't discriminate against certain classes over bs reasons like that one. I never complain about what I hate about it all. Sucks to see so many people so negative about a sport they supposedly love.

Kinda like when you find police that claim they care about the community the live in, yet you find they have a cynical attitude towards the citizens they're supposed to protect and serve.

Luckily I don't fret the small stuff. I was swayed to use the term motor because of things like MOTORcylcles, MOTORboat, MOTORbike, backMOTORcar, etc..

I have a friend who is an engineer for BMW. They get in trouble if they call engines "motors". Engines are combustion based, motors are driven by electricity according to BMW. LOL
We’re getting off topic here but I find a Bayrische Motoren Werke employee getting grief for calling it a motor somewhat bizarre.

Whether the pro stock unit is GM/FoMoCo/Mopar or whatever they are all fine pieces of engineering ... and none of them have any connection to a stock unit.

Which wouldn’t be a problem if the class wasn’t called Pro Stock.

For me this is the problem with the class - it has become irrelevant to manufacturers and (many) fans.

So can we assume, then, that you don't watch anything except stock and super stock? They're the only ones required to use the same make engine, correct? Or are you just being a baby and complaining just to complain? All the while, you're watching all these other classes where cars have any engine between the rails...and it's ok for them. How does that work exactly?

Personally, I love drag racing. I don't discriminate against certain classes over bs reasons like that one. I never complain about what I hate about it all. Sucks to see so many people so negative about a sport they supposedly love.

Kinda like when you find police that claim they care about the community the live in, yet you find they have a cynical attitude towards the citizens they're supposed to protect and serve.
Wow. You attack not only me but the police, all in one post.
Pro Stock was founded on the requirement that the engine matches the body.
That’s what drew a lot of attention to the class.
However, PS has gotten so far away from its foundation that it no longer interests me.
You might like seeing GM engines being swapped into other non-GM cars. But I’m not one of them.
But, yes, I do like stock and super stock racing. However, those are not shown very often on the Sunday broadcasts.
So, if you don’t mind, I’m going to continue fast forwarding through PS racing.

I raced in the old "Manufacturers" funny car race many years ago. I went with Jim Lieberman and Lew Arrington,, this was before Jim got the name Jungle Jim.
They had signs for "Chevrolet" "Pontiac" "Plymouth" "Dodge" and even "AMC" pit areas. Most of the cars used engines that reflected the brand of cars except the old
'65 GTO named Brutus. It had started out with a Pontiac engine, then M/T hemi heads but it kept blowing up so an iron block 392 was in it. The two years I ran there
Roy Gay (brother of Don Gay Gay Pontiac of Dickinson, Texas) won with a Pontiac engine in a Firebird. The next year Ed Schartman won with a flip top Comet with a
blown "Cammer" I think all the cars ran automatic transmissions at the time. We ran a 727 TF behind the 392 while Jungle Jim ran a 427 Chevy blown on nitro. Those
days were short lived however but were sure cool Gas Ronda's proudest moment came when he won that race in a Mustang with a Ford SOHC cammer engine. So it became
as it is today, you run what you can win with and I love Pro Stock and with no factory support it is extremely expensive, Yeah I know DUH I would like to see a few Mustangs
Dodges, etc. It would make things more interesting. And, after all the engines being used really bear little resemblance to a big block Chevy at all. So what the hell does it
matter anyway. Like I said in an earlier post, before Dodge mandated the "hemi" The engine they were using was exactly like a big block Chevy and Ford had a similar engine
that resembled at 460 just as much as a 454 resembles the so called Chevy engines in todays Pro Stock cars. The engine of today was designed by Warren Johnson and has 3 different
versions that racers are now using. Check out the recent article/interview with Chris Magaha. The one new rumor of letting mountain motors into Pro Stock I don't like at all. but
that's just my opinion. I raced a lot of different cars in my day and even crewed on David Baca's A/Fuel and Top fuel cars before running my own N/SS Thunderbolt. Now I am
just a spectator that keeps a pulse on what's going on. It has been a fun life but at 75 years old I only go to a few races now and glad to have all access, for sure! Bob K.

I raced a lot of different cars in my day and even crewed on David Baca's A/Fuel and Top fuel cars before running my own N/SS Thunderbolt. Now I am
just a spectator that keeps a pulse on what's going on. It has been a fun life but at 75 years old I only go to a few races now and glad to have all access, for sure! Bob K.

I remember your T-bolt, but didn't you hear? 75 is the new 55!

Alex stayed #3 in Q. He has a good chance to win, is consistent with his ET's.

Not bad. The car with the Dodge/Chevy combination has only 4 runs on it. All runs were the 4 qualifying runs.

Perhaps it will start a trend.

Alex didn't win, but he ran right with everyone else. The car has power, and it is consistent. I think he will have a good chance anywhere he goes. Did notice that he was just a tad slower MPH wise, but he had the ET handled. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back