Laughlin & Elite (2 Viewers)

Chili

Nitro Member
Not sure if Alex Laughlin is working with Elite anymore. He wasn’t able to run the WSOPM last weekend because he didn’t have a ride. Kind of odd since Elite could have supplied him one. Now I hear he will be racing a Dodge with Chevy power this weekend.

I don't think Elite has a shop full of turbo pro mods at this point. They are supplying the GM in his Dart.

Just put some special MoPar valve covers on it. After all before the "Hemi" (which is was not truly, the Dodges of Wayne County and even Alan and Roy Johnson were running
engines that were almost exactly like the GM engine and even one Ford I know of (Panella's, I think) sure looked like a GM (head design) and yes I know about the "Dodge Boys
advantage" and a couple of others tried it too, for awhile. That engine was able to achieve a higher static compression ratio and breathe better than all others (Naturally aspirated
of course. I was at about a thousand feet at my home track at Las Vegas a few years ago working on my old Thunderbolt. I heard a Pro Stock at the line, couldn't tell what car it was. (This
was before fuel injection) and this car came down the track at an ungodly RPM, It was AJ's Dodge He really twisted that "hemi" up there, harder than any car that day!

I wonder how many "strongly worded" e-mails they will get about this from the MOPAR diehards. Also at the track.
I have a friend who built a Challenger with an LS in it, runs 7.00 1/4 mile, he get threats regularly, so often that he actually built a Camaro to put the engine in.
He owns a machine shop and would come in on Mondays to lots of emails
Personally I have no interest in a Dodge running a DRCE but to each his own.

I wonder how many "strongly worded" e-mails they will get about this from the MOPAR diehards. Also at the track.
Count me among the die hard Mopar faithful.
But, once NHRA changed the engine rules, I record all races so I can fast forward through PS.

Pro stock motors have evolved into specialty motors just like nitro and alcohol motors. Teams gravitate to what works best at the least cost. Bodies are the same way, so it seems you are just rooting for the decals put on a motor/vehicle. Why get your panties in a wad over what is under the decal.

I hope I used the motor designation correctly so the motor/engine group don't come after me.

Pro stock motors have evolved into specialty motors just like nitro and alcohol motors. Teams gravitate to what works best at the least cost. Bodies are the same way, so it seems you are just rooting for the decals put on a motor/vehicle. Why get your panties in a wad over what is under the decal.

I hope I used the motor designation correctly so the motor/engine group don't come after me.
I've been trying to say this but you did it much better. Thank you!

I have a friend who is an engineer for BMW. They get in trouble if they call engines "motors". Engines are combustion based, motors are driven by electricity according to BMW. LOL

Pro Stock Q1 is now in the books. Laughlin & the Moparolet Q#3 6.625 206.26. #1 is McGaha at 6.617 208.33, #2 Jeggie 6.623 208.23. This was the first pass for Laughlin, so the car seems to be right there performance wise. Lot of the cars ran 207, a few at 206. Interesting to see what happens. Laughlin is a sharp enough driver to win this race.

I have a friend who is an engineer for BMW. They get in trouble if they call engines "motors". Engines are combustion based, motors are driven by electricity according to BMW. LOL

Yeah my HS Shop teacher used to say the same thing. My follow up question was, Then why do I put motor oil in my engine?

Happy for Alex having a good outing so far.

An engine is a device that burns or otherwise consumes fuel, changing its chemical composition, whereas a motor is a device driven by electricity, air, or hydraulic pressure, which does not change the chemical composition of its energy source.

If laughlin wins, will they say a Chevy won or a Dodge? Who gets the Manufacturer's cup point for those races?

What about a motor mouth? Yeah, I know, go to my room....... :) Oh, long as I'm motor-mouthing, if Alex wins, points go to Mopar cuz of the body. Right? Ya know, I want him to win, cuz 1. has the guts to run the first hybrid car and 2. It will stir the pot. heh heh

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back