Alan Prusiensky and TopCoat Make Strides at FallNationals (1 Viewer)

ImageDisplay

Alan Prusiensky and TopCoat Make Strides at FallNationals
DALLAS (October 18, 2020) --- Alan Prusiensky and the TopCoat™ Dodge Dart Pro Stock team took both days in Dallas to continue to make improvements. After the NHRA Midwest Nationals in St. Louis the team stayed an extra day and tested finding a few issues to correct before they headed to the Lone Star State. During yesterday’s two qualifying sessions for the 35th annual AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals Prusiensky made consistent runs but the performance was not what the driver was looking for.
“I know we can get more out of this TopCoat™ Dodge Dart,” said Prusiensky. “We made some progress in St. Louis testing and I was really expecting more performance. We are going to keep working.”
In the first round against the No. 2 qualifier Alex Laughlin Prusiensky knew he would have his hands full. Laughlin took a small starting line advantage and never trailed in the race. The TopCoat™ Dodge Dart Pro Stock car crossed the finish line in 6.652 seconds at 205.85 mph. The performance dropped off slightly from his qualifying effort because of changes in the weather conditions.
The Saturday qualifying sessions featured two runs by Prusiensky lighting up the scoreboard with passes of 6.630 seconds and 6.648 seconds under overcast skies with cool temperatures. The sun peeked out today and track temperatures rose to just over 100 degrees by the time Pro Stock got on the track.
“This is a tough class and we are doing a lot of things ourselves on the development side. The good news is we are learning a lot every race. It does make for some tough races. I have to thank TopCoat™ and everyone on my team that helps us from race to race. We are a small operation but we have a good plan for success. I am looking forward to getting to Houston,” added Prusiensky.
Next up for the TopCoat™ Dodge Dart Pro Stock team will be the Pennzoil NHRA Spring Nationals, October 24-25 in Houston, Texas.

AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals Qualifying Results
Q1: 6.630 seconds, 208.94 mph, No. 15
Q2: 6.648 seconds, 207.46 mph, No. 15

AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals Race Results
E1: Alex Laughlin, Granbury, Texas, 6.596, 206.73 mph def. Alan Prusiensky, TopCoat Dodge Dart, Rockaway, New Jersey, 6.652, 205.85 mph.

Elon Werner
Tony Fay Public Relations
M: 214.244.1184
E: [email protected]
Twitter: @elonwer
1505931927666_PastedImage

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back