Larry Dixon Talks ... (1 Viewer)

I really like his positive attitude and how he's working hard to get back on the track.

Getting hit with a bad break but bouncing back hard instead of wallowing in self pity and spite shows some strong character.

I really hope things work out for Larry to get back on the track, we really need him out there.

the name of the thread/article "Larry Dixon Talks" is a bit misleading, as he still didnt answer the $64,000 question about why he got fired !!

the name of the thread/article "Larry Dixon Talks" is a bit misleading, as he still didnt answer the $64,000 question about why he got fired !!

Interesting story I heard about him screwing his former employer with a piece of junk shop and property in Brownsburg...take it for what it's worth.

One sentence in that article sums it all up for me......

Consider this: After amassing a record of 62 NHRA victories, placing him seventh on the overall list of winners and second on the Top Fuel list, his phone didn’t ring with a call from a single team owner seeking a winner.

Last edited:
One sentence in that article sums it all up for me......

Consider this: After amassing a record of 62 NHRA victories, placing him seventh on the overall list of winners and second on the Top Fuel list, his phone didn’t ring with a call from a single team owner seeking a winner.

what else is new ?! drag racing is the largest sport i can think of where actual merit takes a back seat to financial status or nepotism. how does someone with the talent of dave connolly remain out of work for 3 years ?? Say what u want, about nascar or the stick & ball sports but an individual who has talent on par with someone like dixon or connolly would have owners knocking down his door instead of being unemployed !

Some sports have more money participants than talent participants, others have more talent than money. It takes a balance, and the supply/demand model takes care of the rest. Life sucks that way ... but those are the rules.

Unfortunately because of the astronomical cost to race a fuel car, drivers are playing musical driver seats and every year it seems a couple of seats get pulled out. I don't hold much hope to the future of fuel racing since it takes so much to get in to the elite circle. Just look at how few cars there are at Pomona. It simply costs more than what most sponsors are willing to pay.

I should add that Larry is a class act and will likely be back soon. But over the years we've seen a lot of good fuel racers retire on someone else's terms. Being a top fuel pilot in today's world is an extraordinary goal to accomplish.

Last edited:
He did not want to leave. He was forced to leave. Isn't that obvious? He got screwed...plain and simple.

The whole interview is surrounded in secrecy. Secrecy because he is bound by the confidentiality agreement. He can only say scripted responses. The obvious fact is that he was forced out...period...no matter what the details are....are irrelevant. He's out and he didn't want to be. That's being screwed in my book.

Now bring on the hate responses.

Last edited:
He did not want to leave. He was forced to leave. Isn't that obvious? He got screwed...plain and simple.

The whole interview is surrounded in secrecy. Secrecy because he is bound by the confidentiality agreement. He can only say scripted responses. The obvious fact is that he was forced out...period...no matter what the details are....are irrelevant. He's out and he didn't want to be. That's being screwed in my book.

No bring on the hate responses.

Believe what you want, however you're off the mark.

The whole interview is surrounded in secrecy. Secrecy because he is bound by the confidentiality agreement. .

I don't know Nick.

A lot of people have been fired but, darned few of us ever got two years severance pay. That's CEO territory and Larry was a hired gun.

AJ or the Sheik can do what they like in terms of "going in another direction" or whatever euphemism they use but, you can't say Larry wasn't treated fairly - as long as everybody keeps their part of the separation agreement.

Money Talks B S walks ! There is a bounty on those seats ! There are exceptions for obvious talent and it's easy to name a few but many good Drivers just cannot or will not bring enough to the table .
I love to watch Fuel Racing but expensive it is getting more so all the time .

Now bring on the hate responses.

Don't you think there was a reason why he was forced out? Do some research and you figure out what happened.

I don't know Nick.

A lot of people have been fired but, darned few of us ever got two years severance pay. That's CEO territory and Larry was a hired gun.

okay so help me understand how---- giving larry , a proven winner who might deliver a championship to you, 2 yrs severence pay to go away costs less than hiring on an unproven rookie like balooshi :confused::confused:

I think this says it all:

"CP: At last year’s Finals award-winning photojournalist Will Lester and Gary Nastase zeroed in on Dixon for what might have been their final candids of the three time champ.Let’s back up to your separation from Alan Johnson and Sheik Kahlid. At one point did you begin to realize that you weren’t going to be back?

Dixon: I don’t even know if that’s something I can go into."

He had a 5 year deal, did it for 3, they bought out the last 2 and the contract is done....end of story.

okay so help me understand how---- giving larry , a proven winner who might deliver a championship to you, 2 yrs severence pay to go away costs less than hiring on an unproven rookie like balooshi :confused::confused:

The sheik and AJ own the team.
They can bench whoever they want and bring in whoever they want.

It might not be fair - might not even be nice but, it's probably the "fairest" firing that's ever occurred in the history of NHRA. It's like 2 years notice and he doesn't even have to show up to sit on the bench.

Ask Cory Mac how this compares to HIS deal from FRAM.

With AJ overseeing the knob twisting.....sure.
With the thought "bringing drag racing awareness to Qatar" makes Balooshi an obvious choice for that role and AJ WILL make him a champion.

Jims right in saying asking CMac how his deal went.

I would guess that Snake got his and LD got released..I do wonder if part of the Al-Anabi contract time included the time bought out from Snake....If that is a possibilty

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back