Laird Heads toIHRA Mardi Gras Nationals (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]After 26 years of racing — and thousands of hours logged behind the wheel — Harold Laird gets a chance to prove he is “Mr. Louisiana” when he takes on some of the best Pro Modified drivers at the inaugural IHRA Mardi Gras Nationals at State Capitol Raceway this week.

“This will be our first event of the season and let me tell you my team is ready and roaring to get on the track, its been a long off season, with a lot of questions about where we would race. I cannot think of a better way to start 2009 than in my hometown.” said Laird.

“I am looking forward to representing Baton Rouge this season, I spent a lot of time coming up through the ranks and learning how to race from my childhood to today, we have a lot of good memories here. The track here in Baton Rouge has been a tremendous track to me because that is where I got my start and I am just thrilled that this is coming back to Baton Rouge.”

“I have a crew that has given me one of the fastest cars in the nation, my crew chief Terry Coyle tuned me to a 5.95 in St. Louis at the Jegs Pro Mod Challenge, and I am confident that we will run some more 5 second passes and win some races.” The rest of my crew deserves equal recognition it takes a bunch of people to get the 63 Corvette down the racetrack and I have David Laird, Kim Burus, Joe Mefford (clutch) as well as my wife Stacey and my children Jacob, and Mattie rooting me on.

I would be remiss without thanking the sponsors that help get me to the racetrack.

Sponsors: NGK, Mickey Thompson, Akerly & Childs, EastWest Clutches, NitroPlate, Burke Designs, and visitbatonrouge.com

Attachments

• Laird.jpg
    Laird.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 10
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back