Harold Laird takes his 63 Corvette to Gainesville (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Harold Laird takes his 63 Corvette powered by a Brad Anderson hemi to Gainesville for the first stop of the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge. “We had a great weekend at the IHRA Mardi Gras Nationals at State Capitol Raceway. Running at our hometown track had me fired up, and I was able to cut good lights in round 1 taking out the current IHRA champion Kenny Lang, with a 6.34 to his faster yet losing 6.17.” said Laird

In round 2 Laird was once again up on the wheel, against Tommy Gray, but victory is fleeting and the Ring & Pinion broke at half track. “We had some mechanical difficulties, and we fought our MSD box, but we were still able to be competitive.” Said Harold before adding “After sitting out the last 2 NHRA Pro Mod races of the 2008 season, it was a great confidence builder to come out and start the season with some great runs.” My crew chief Terry Coyle and I work well together and we both feel like this is our time to win races. We ran our fastest ET ever in St Louis last year, with a 5.95 run, and we know there are faster runs in the future.”

The team is ready, and chomping at the bit to put the Laird Plumbing Corvette in the Winners Circle. This series has some the best 1/4 mile teams in Pro Mod and to win here is a thrill. “We worked hard in the off season to find funding, and make our team better. To run at this level takes a lot of help and we have been incredibly lucky to have good people in our corner.” Said Stacey Laird

“The crew is really clicking right now, the car is settling in, and I know as long as we continue to qualify well our time in the winner's circle will eventually come.” It takes a bunch of people to get the 63 Corvette down the racetrack and I have Terry Coyle, David Laird, Kim Burus, Joe Mefford (clutch) as well as my wife Stacey and my children Jacob, and Mattie.

I would be remiss without thanking the sponsors that help get me to the racetrack.
Sponsors: NGK, Mickey Thompson, Akerly & Childs, East West Clutches, NitroPlate, Burke Designs, and visitbatonrouge.com

Attachments

• Lairdmater.jpg
    Lairdmater.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 11
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back