kudos to nitromater.com (1 Viewer)

wilbur

Nitro Member
Hey folks, I,m fairly new to this site(6 months ,maybe), I just wanted to thank the powers that be, who put this site together. I can,t afford nat. dragster any longer, nor can I afford to go to more than 1 nat. event (norwalk)to get my nitro fix. So when I found this site I was in heaven. I love the fact that I can sit here with others,who not only love this sport as much as i do, but who know more than I do about it. I can find out about happenings in other parts of the country. I can get news/rumors, almost before it actually happens,awsome. It,s cool that I can get insight from actual racer,s. And also hearing from some of the pro camps is way cool. There are some smart people on this site , who love to share thier knowledge with others.Be it on drag racing, or any other topic someone brings up. Anyhow, I don,t know who started this site, or who run,s it. I just think it is a great site, well run, with the fan in mind. So thanks to those responslble, and thank,s to those who contribute to it. Thanks for letting me join in.

Welcome aboard Michael, and I'm sure the powers that be appreciate your compliments. It is a great site because of its people, and the way that they respect each other.

Welcome! Come on in....the water's fine! At least you waited until after silly-season to join. ;)

Yeah, we're all just one big, happy family that always gets along! :rolleyes:

These boards are great things. Otherwise, a lot of us social misfits with oddball interests who live hundreds and thousands of miles away from each other would be pretty darned lonely (like we were before the internet?).

I've loved funny cars since I was a kid in the 70s and now love nostalgia ones WAY more than modern ones. Thanks to the internet, I have several good friends on the east coast who share the exact same interests, including a few who did it "back in the day" who are more than willing to share information to make our learning curves safer and less expensive.

Without the internet, I wouldn't have 100% of the parts I currently do for my car. My chassis wouldn't be going together where it is. I wouldn't have the wonderful girlfriend I just met. Wow. Without the internet and Walmart, I'd be in a cave, somewhere! :D

It's like when I go to 70sfunnycars.com to admire the over 400 photos of nitro funny cars from that decade. Since there was no internet then, I often wonder how many of those folks had no idea just how many more of them there were all over the country?

What part of Michigan? I lived in Grand Rapids in the early 90s. I miss going to 131. I DON'T miss shoveling my a$$ off just to get out of the f***ing driveway! :)

Last edited:
Yes, welcome. From Michigan eh? Cool. I myself was proudly born & raised in the "Murder Capital of the World", Detroit Rock City. This is like a little virtual city here. We've got all kinds of people here. But one thing we all share... a love for racing! Stick around and I guarantee you'll meet some great folks!

Last edited:
Welcome Michael : It's a terrible sickness you share with us and it just doesn't go away ! I've had it for 50 years and until they invented the VHS/DVD and the internet I suffered a lot in the winter.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back