Kenny Bernstein's New Sponsor? (1 Viewer)

I thought it unusual at first myself but during an interview at Indy I swear KB mentioned that Monster is distributed by Anheuser Busch.

This is not meant to cause trouble. I think it's great that Kenny is coming back and the more companies involved in Drag Racing the better. I'm just curious if the Monster deal might violate the "NHRA/Coke Products" rule about competing products like "Full Throtle Energy Drink"? Anybody know what the deal is?

Dave

This is not meant to cause trouble. I think it's great that Kenny is coming back and the more companies involved in Drag Racing the better. I'm just curious if the Monster deal might violate the "NHRA/Coke Products" rule about competing products like "Full Throtle Energy Drink"? Anybody know what the deal is?

Dave
The DEAL was that POWERADE be the only drink... NO Gatorade... PERIOD Nothing was ever said about Pepsi, Mac tools, etc. etc. etc. Try and find COKE at the next event, NONE at Sonoma this year... Jagermeister and Crown Royal, but no coke...

I like that Kenny is back, seems like an odd match though.

Ideally this will spur full throttle into also putting a funny car out there. What I miss with all of the special deals Nhra makes is that we don't have an army vs navy battle or coke vs pepsi, ups vs fedex vs dhl.

The beer wagons have been great but unless another steps in bud will be the only one.

Dave

They're sponsoring him, but they're not peddling the product at the track...so it's cool. That's my take on it.
Someone with more knowledge in this area can correct me if I'm wrong. But there are several "official" NHRA products like Craftsman tools for example...

I don't know about the Gatorade deal, but I don't see why Gatorade couldn't sponsor or be an associate on a car as long as they're not selling the stuff at the track. On the same hand I can also understand why Powerade being the series sponsor wouldn't want a "Gatorade anything" being involved.

The Worsham's have a deal with Pepsi, don't they??

The DEAL was that POWERADE be the only drink... NO Gatorade... PERIOD Nothing was ever said about Pepsi, Mac tools, etc. etc. etc. Try and find COKE at the next event, NONE at Sonoma this year... Jagermeister and Crown Royal, but no coke...

yeah, that was interesting. I was dieing for powerade (it was a hot weekend) but none to be found. Only 7 up products. They did have glaceau vitamin water. tried it, loved it! Tried monster energy drink. yeow! Very thick, heavy, sugary, syrupy.
Anyways, I work in retail grocery, around here, the 7UP distributor sells monster. AB doesn't yet. Red bull was my #1 all-time all-conquering seller. Good presence in the advertising world and events.
Full throttle had NO support and pretty much died on the vine.
Monster has overtaken redbull this summer and is now my #1 seller.

yeah, that was interesting. I was dieing for powerade (it was a hot weekend) but none to be found. Only 7 up products. They did have glaceau vitamin water. tried it, loved it! Tried monster energy drink. yeow! Very thick, heavy, sugary, syrupy.
Anyways, I work in retail grocery, around here, the 7UP distributor sells monster. AB doesn't yet. Red bull was my #1 all-time all-conquering seller. Good presence in the advertising world and events.

I went to work the other night & I was beat! I decided to stop & get an energy drink, and Monster was a no brainer given the recent news.
Now I don't drink energy drinks... I very rarely drink sodas (don't care for them), and I didn't much care for the Monster --- just not my thing.
I know many folks who can't go without an energy drink or energy something though. I wish Monster/Full Throttle/Red Bull had something that didn't taste so sweet and something without carbonation... I might consider drinking the stuff ocassionally then.
I still have half a can of that 24 ounce Monster in the fridge, I will admit that it did seem to pep me up a little, but I'm always wary of to much caffeine.

.....................Red bull was my #1 all-time all-conquering seller. Good presence in the advertising world and events.
Good info "Vette Paul", thanks for sharing that!

Monster and Jagger or Monster and Wadka... beats the 7734 outta RED BULL... Now KB's got a sponsor for Hard Core Drinkers...:D

no doubt about it. a few years ago we lived just fine without cell phones,
computers/internet and energy drinks (i'm now hooked to the first two)
so when i'm socializing with adult beverages, i notice the younger 20 somethings
like to order energy drink cocktails - seems a little overboard to me, but you're
right, these drinks sell all day long.

Two of the guys on my crew slam those 24 ounce cans of Rockstar energy drink. They don't start the day without it.

I think alot of teams should start hitting these drink makers up for marketing partners. We've all seen the "beer wars" now its time for the "energy drink wars".

Seems kinda obvious that Bernstein would be the first one onboard. As usual, others will follow. That guy is on top of it in the marketing dept. Lets give credit where its due, despite the whole Ray Alley thing.

Full Throttle blows. It tastes horrible. They gave away free ones at Pacific Raceway this summer and last summer and when my son and I got ours I can see why it does'nt sell. So did everyone else that was nearby. Coke needs to go back to the drawing board on that one.

I love Rockstar! Friday night at Indy turned into Saturday morning and guess I missed the chance to sleep... Nothing a couple (or 6) of those to fix me up! Tried full throttle at the track....nothing special but in a pinch it will do. The Blue Monster works too....

The Full Throttle Fuel is vetter than the original (tastes like orange-peach). Monster Chaos is also really good. PS-John, cool av w/ Big Daddy!

If I remember correctly, Ray is correct. Powerade has an exclusive - no Gatorade. None of the products get that protection.

I could be wrong but I think SMI has a deal with Pepsi. That's why Sonoma would not have any Coke products. I think the first year of the Powerade sponsorship Gainesville still had Pepsi as the official soft drink.

Since I was throwing out Dixon what ifs...

Here's a potential KB car although it will probably won't be a Chrysler product
monster.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back