Kalitta Funny Car Will Return (1 Viewer)

Kurt gets 1000 bonus points in pick the winners, thanks for the vote lol :)

I like Whit and want to see him back out there in something very soon, but not sure that would be the best fit for either group.

Hey PJ, bring on those points...I can use them!

You and others are probably right, Whit might not be a good fit in Connie's Camp, since he runs the show and always will. I was just agreeing that it would be great to have Whit back out there, although I don't like the circumstances anymore than anyone else does. But, the person that fills in for the rest of the year isn't necessarily the person to get the ride next year based on what I read.

Look at this.....these @ssholes even got the old man riled up......hey pops your license is current isn't it?? :D;)

Now, THAT'S an interesting idea! Always thinkin' there aren't ya, college grad boy? By the way, the good captain paid a fairly long and pleasant visit to the Naylor pits Friday night--he was there with his good friend VegasFuel. They had a really good time....

Outside the box, Brady Kalivoda. The coolest, fan friendly, great disposition, team player, works on the cars, good looking, well spoken, and most deserving young man needing a genuine ride out there. PERIOD.

It will end up the old man's choice no matter what though.

I agree 110% with you, Corey. I can't believe this guy has gone so long without a ride. I know there are plenty of folks out there who are every bit as deserving, and I feel bad for them too - but this guy can get it done. He is everything you said, and more... and he knows the Oberhofer's, so it's not quite as outside the box as one might think.

The issue for him or Ben Marshal (whose name has also been mentioned), as far as I can tell, is that with NHRA's ban on testing it will be all but impossible for them to get their crossover license... But if Doug moves over to the DHL Flopper (is he currently licensed, I can't remember) and they fill the Mac Tools Digger seat - well, that's a whole different story altogether.

Last edited:
as far as I can tell, is that with NHRA's ban on testing it will be all but impossible for them to get their crossover license...

People keep saying this... but the ban is only at NHRA national event tracks. Couldn't the Kalitta folks rent Milan (just a few miles from their hometown) for a weekday and get the right person whatever license they need?

People keep saying this... but the ban is only at NHRA national event tracks. Couldn't the Kalitta folks rent Milan (just a few miles from their hometown) for a weekday and get the right person whatever license they need?

I would think so, maybe I should head to Milan and hopefully wait

I suppose they could... but I don't know for certain.

With the current testing ban, is it possible for a driver to license over at the IHRA, then use their IHRA license to get a "crossover" during qualifying for an NHRA race?

With the current testing ban, is it possible for a driver to license over at the IHRA, then use their IHRA license to get a "crossover" during qualifying for an NHRA race?

I don't think so. The IHRA allows license "crossover" from NHRA, but I don't think it works the other way.

But all the NHRA license form requires is that the runs be made at "an NHRA Member Track" (which excludes Milan -- my bad). The ban is only for NHRA National Event Tracks. There are more than a half-dozen NHRA member 1/4 mile tracks in Division 3 that meet those requirements (see here) including National Trail in Columbus, just a few hours from Kalitta-ville.

Then of course, they'll be in this area this week, they could stop in at Woodburn (in Oregon) just off I-5 on their way to Sonoma and spend Monday licensing whoever they want.

So I don't think the testing ban is a barrier to anyone.

Bad thing for a European to say, but I reckon Urs Erbacher could be a great fit into that team. A fan favorite, recent Funny Car experience, and guarenteed publicity. He has also worked with Glenn Mikres in recent years.

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this yet, and I know its pretty far out there, BUT it would be VERY cool to see Connie drive for the rest of 2008, and fill the seat with a permanent driver for 2009.
Just a crazy thought, but it would be cool

I like Connie and all the crew, but I think Connie would really FILL the seat.

Lee
Nitroclovers

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back