Kalitta Funny Car Will Return (1 Viewer)

I could just be "The Enchanted One", but I think "Jenn the Great" suits me better. :D:p

OMG.... Now that is a stretch...!!!

It makes me happy to see that the Kalitta Boys will bring out the Funny Car to honor Scott's Memory! I'm honored that I'll get the chance this weekend to Shake each and everyone of their hands as they come up to the starting line! As for whom I'd like to see get that ride:

In no particular Order:
-Phil Burkhart jr... (my twin... SORRY MARY! ;-) )
-Dean Skuza....( i believe his license is still current.)
-Jeff Arend.....

all three guys...PROVEN SHOES that will do that car and his memory WELL!

Looking forward to this weekend guys...! And great to see the Kalitta Motorsports Team pulling together to make this happen!

Timmah!

Rapid, you are not a "Geek".........That is Ray Ghio! He meant to type "Greek" but forgot the "r" (Jeeze, at least I hope so!!!!:eek:)
Here's what I wrote in Jenn's B-Day thread- And I'm more Italian than PJ without the backhair- :D

It is how my last name is pronounced-

It's really not that hard to remember how to spell someones name is it?!
Pronouncing it is a different story.
And mine is not GEO, or GUY-O
It's Geek, with a sharp O instead of the K!
Bob or Budd will work too- LOL

I'm very happy the mustardmoblie will be back, for the entire Kalitta organization!

btw- I'm a dragster guy. :)
Love Ya Suzie!!

I vote for ...........................me! :D.
Sorry, just had to say that.

Kinda like to see Whit get the seat.......hard core driver like Scott.

God Bless the Kalitta's! I know they'll make the right choice.

Kurt gets 1000 bonus points in pick the winners, thanks for the vote lol :)

I like Whit and want to see him back out there in something very soon, but not sure that would be the best fit for either group.

but not sure that would be the best fit for either group.

PJ, once again you swung and hit it out of the ballpark. I think it's safe to say that at this point it takes a "special" person to work with team K, in any fashion. It always has been and always will be The Bounty Hunter's way, period. He's worked very hard to build a tremendous core group around him of people like the Oberhofers, Marshall, Riola, Meyers, Mikres, Will, Brunner, Grubnic, Fasching and many other folks. I know for sure they won't bring in somebody just to fill the seat and get the sponsor's name back out there. It will be heavily thought out and C-Rad will confide heavily in those he trusts.

(IMHO) Although my sentimental pick would be Whit, Jeff Arend or Phil Burkhart would be an even better fit.

Thanks to Team Kalitta for putting a car out there. We will support you 100%

How about Gary Densham? He certainly can shoe a flopper and has run the Toyota body off and on. Teach and Conrad ... LOOK OUT.

I also like Chris Wilt's idea of someone from within the team moving into the seat. Is Mikres's license current? I am sure NHRA would give the Kalitta Organization an exemption for "testing" if Ben Marshall wanted to get his crossover licensing passes in the flopper.

In any event, it will be good to have them back out there ....

Last edited:
Love to see Baze in there . But I dont think that would work out for all parties involved .

I personally think Skuza would be the fan favorite , but the Skuza bunch likes to do things their way too .

Arend and Burkhart are talented drivers .

I do think the coolest idea was Densham , hands down .

Out side the box , Brady Kalivoda . The coolest , fan friendly , great disposition , team player , works on the cars , good looking , well spoken , and most deserving young man needing a genuine ride out there . PERIOD .

It will end up the old mans choice no matter what though .

Love to see Baze in there . But I dont think that would work out for all parties involved .

I personally think Skuza would be the fan favorite , but the Skuza bunch likes to do things their way too .

Arend and Burkhart are talented drivers .

I do think the coolest idea was Densham , hands down .

Out side the box , Brady Kalivoda . The coolest , fan friendly , great disposition , team player , works on the cars , good looking , well spoken , and most deserving young man needing a genuine ride out there . PERIOD .

It will end up the old mans choice no matter what though .

Gary would work well with Connie, i would think the sponsor will have a large input on who he picks, i say someone in house!

Someone mentioned Doug Kalitta expressing an interest in funnycar. Didn't he borrow the family flopper and win an IHRA event a few years ago??? My personal picks for driver would be:
Ben Marshall. - Already has proven his mettle in driving for the team. Also a nice guy, would give a great top end interview, and the female fans would go gaga.

Dean Skuza- A great driver, sense of humor that it would take to be part pf Kamp Kalitta, and it would put and end to "Wheres Skuza???"

Kenji Okazaki- Whats he been up to lately.........?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back