johnna dunn hurt on starting line (1 Viewer)

Geez Jer, it happened several years ago, was a horrible freak accident, and you’re making NHRA a bad guy? Do you know what interaction NHRA had or didn’t have with the family ?
I dont know if they said anything to the family,im sure they did,but it would have been nice to have some sort of greivance on tv for her. Im sure it was all per legal actions most likely.

I dont know if they said anything to the family,im sure they did,but it would have been nice to have some sort of greivance on tv for her. Im sure it was all per legal actions most likely.
I remember antron saying something brief,but not very much, like they werent allowed to talk about it.

There was legal action involved so I'm sure there wasn't much they could talk about. I know that Antron showed a lot of remorse for the individual and family.

Mike Kern; Will Hanna has you beat, had to go to the Hospital to get one dug out of his leg!
Cliff Morgan; yes some guy in the pits lost his kneecap, I saw the disc coming and ran, so I didn't see him go down, but did see all the people attending to him right after. It was spinning coming down 15 feet in front of him, touched the ground and only came up 18" sideways about 100 MPH!

I was sitting just past the starting line and could see the one disk that flew up higher, and into the pits.

1993 IHRA Top Fuel semi-finals in Epping. At the finish-line Kenny Koretsky blew the crank out of the bottom and split the block in half. Needless to say, parts & shrapnel flew everywhere. After everything settled, a woman had a connecting rod lodged in her chest. Luckily the ambulance was quick and they stabilized and got her to the local hospital.

I remember that and yet i dont recall nhra saying anything about it, no sorry to the family on tv or anything

I remember reading somewhere that Antron has had a private relationship with the sons and or the husband of the woman who was killed from that accident in fact when he won here a couple years later he dedicated the victory to her. Obviously not much was made mention of the accident after the initial findings were released but I believe it was the woman's family's wish to keep it that way.
Not going to lie when I saw TJ's tire come off last weekend it brought back some bad memories from that accident.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back