Mosh pit on starting line (2 Viewers)

Doug in the woods

Nitro Member
After a Kallita team wins a race the Kallita crews have a mosh pit on the starting line. My question is if a crew member gets hurt during this piling on of bodies, can he clam an on the job injury?
Say a really serious injury which lasts forever then claim disability??
Kallita and NHRA could be held liable IMO.

Where did this come from? This concerns you how? Especially at 11pm on a tuesday night? Here's an idea, maybe you should let those involved worry about.

El oh el.

You, don't have to worry, these crew guys and gals are all professionals and they practice the mosh pit celebration numerous times during the week at their shop. Plus, they have to sign a mosh pit release of liability waiver before every final round. They are also required to purchase mosh pit insurance before every final round. Truthfully, I think i would worry more about what Connie might do to them if they screw up.:D

I was worried someone would say "don't worry nobody will get hurt cuz they don't win that much...."

yeah, I know..."weren't you headed for bed.........?":oops:

After a Kallita team wins a race the Kallita crews have a mosh pit on the starting line. My question is if a crew member gets hurt during this piling on of bodies, can he clam an on the job injury?

This is either an expert level troll ... Or Doug is a lawyer looking to create victims where there are none so he can get paid.

You, don't have to worry, these crew guys and gals are all professionals and they practice the mosh pit celebration numerous times during the week at their shop. Plus, they have to sign a mosh pit release of liability waiver before every final round. They are also required to purchase mosh pit insurance before every final round. Truthfully, I think i would worry more about what Connie might do to them if they screw up.:D
There you go, simple answer.
Rick

bd6b1e5141b789cc50a989c6053f9fd26154f9894e33f98e4b9b20451dc41137.jpg

it took more effort and common sense to register on this site and log in than it did for the OP to come up with this kind of stupid crap! wtf..

It's only crap if you want to think that way but it is a legitimate question. What is really a dumb idea is a participant getting injured or killed while racing in a legal race knowing the dangers then the sanctioning body get sued knowing well the dangers of racing but being crushed under a pile of crew members is avoidable and it is really kinda childish behavior. Its not a good representation of the racing profession and the act of a mosh pit is very unbecoming of professionals.
I am going out on a limb and take a guess that if the maters that feel this thread is crap, that if they were injured while participating in a mosh pit, they would be the first in line a the lawyers office.

Ya know, we've seen enough silly, stupid and WTF lawsuits in this country to actually make this a legit question. Common sense says no, but in the court room we all know brains and common sense are not allowed

Let me guess, your that type of person that would sue McDonalds for giving you hot coffee and burning your mouth.

I sprained my eyebrows wincing when watching Jim O get punched in the gut....who do I sue? ESPN? NHRA? Kalitta Flying Services? C'mon somebody help a guy out here.....

Ya know, we've seen enough silly, stupid and WTF lawsuits in this country to actually make this a legit question. Common sense says no, but in the court room we all know brains and common sense are not allowed
I can't disagree with this at all.

HOWEVER...

This is still one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read on this site in my eight years here, and that's really saying something. I clicked "Funny" on the OP, because I genuinely thought it was just a post for a laugh - that was until I read down the thread farther...

I wonder how Mr. Conrad himself would react if he found out that one of his guys in his crew became litigious over one of their own actions. That's what makes this laughable to me. There's no innocent bystanders amongst them getting dragged into the fray.

It being "not a good representation of the racing profession" is an utterly ridiculous statement. Try telling that to the Kalitta guys who just won a race. They'll care about as much as any other professional stick and ball participants that celebrate their hard work. Would you rather they clink tea cups with their pinky fingers out?

Wow.

That's not a bad question, I know for a fact there are college basketball coaches that discourage their players from participating in those type of celebrations. Players have had knee and ankle injuries from that type of celebration.

I hope someday I'm fortunate enough to win a national event but I also don't want to spend the next year rehabbing in an ACL injury after doing so.

I'm sure it's not mandatory that everyone participates in that type of celebration so if you do have some concerns it's probably best just to stand aside and let them have their fun.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back