John Force's Minimal Paint Approach for Sonoma (1 Viewer)

I think it looks cool, stealth-like, mean. My guess is they are just putting a new body on the car and didn't have time to paint.

Dave

Zzzz old news... Force did this at Pomona in 2005, in hope of a performance advantage... Like some have said, it's to get a bit of ink in the press.

DSA_3963.JPG

Regards,

Michael

He used to do this everytime he was testing something... I just don't recall seeing it during a National Event before.

As long as his sponsors get ink, they will be happy.

EDB

maybe this is a precursor to the new unpainted ford mustangs........
high fuel prices forces (pun intended) less weight = improved mileage ;)

There's a hell of a lot more to do with his DNQ than a gallon of paint on the body. I think it looks like crap, it looked like crap when Jim Head did it too. Looks like they had to rush the car out of the shop just to make the race, or that they couldn't afford the paint job, (and we all know better than that)!

I think the carbon fiber is gorgeous. But then again, that's a key part of our color scheme on our S/C car :)

The link on NHRA website dosn't seem to work?
I click on the link and it just pops back to the home page.
Yes your right on doing anything for ink.
I wonder if his car is over weight? I don't think that it is IMO.
I mean look at how slim John is. Jim Head is bigger so heavier? and he makes the fields.
Yes I know Head is not doing the western swing.
I am sticking by my assumption that Johns car is an R&D car.

John's car is not an R&D car. He was in 9th place for the Big Bud shootout prior to Seattle. They certainly wouldn't test in qualifying when a spot in the field is in jeopardy. He has now fallen out of the top ten with only a few races to pick up ground. This team gets 16 runs during qualifying so they acquire more data than all the other teams (except Schumachers).

I think John wants everyone to look at the decals and the black carbon fibre and not notice all the illlegal aero. changes made to the body!!!!:D

The carbon fibre looks sweet. Jim Head's car looks good with minimal signage. I think it gives it more of a racey look. So what if they just didn't get around to paintin it? The point of Nitro racing is the engines, not the paint(vinyl decal) job.

Years ago I ran my car unpainted bare carbon and was given a one race exemption to run it. They told me if I showed up at the next event with it unpainted we couldn't run.

NHRA needs to stick to that rule. Otherwise, no one will be painting their cars and the car show that NHRA has always been will look the same on black and white TV as it does in person.

You have to give a lot of credit to DSR for some of the more wild and beautiful FC paint schemes on Capps', Scelzi's and Beckman's machines. If it takes no paint at all to beat them, that sucks.

RG

Using the old adage of 100 lbs equaling a tenth of a second, when John says his car is 30-40 pounds heavier than Hight's, does that mean that John should've run 4.08 range? I'm sorry but even if he shaved .03 to .04 off his qualifying time, he'd still only run 4.11 or 4.12 which would have only put him in the 13th spot. There's more going on than just a heavy paint job.

forceblack.jpg

This is much better looking than the white cars. I say..."keep it"!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back