John Force's Minimal Paint Approach for Sonoma (1 Viewer)

DAN

Nitro Member
Im a life-long Force fan, but this one just comes across as a classic knee-jerk reaction to missing the fields, and also a bit wierd.
According to nhra.com, Force will be running a plain white Mustang shell with minimal Castrol signage in Sonoma.
This comes a week after missing the field narrowly, something that happens to many drivers, but you don't see this kind of measure taken as a solution.
Seriously, do they plan on running the car this way from now on if they find that it 'works'? It's classic knee-jerk.
I wonder how Force's sponsors feel about all this. Either they're really understanding, or just think that removing stickers to improve performance is just plain mad. Últimately, those sponsor stickers are going to have to go back on that car, so why not try and work towards a solution that's a bit more permanent?
I don't know the answer to Force's car woes, hell Im just a race fan, but just find that this approach isn't one that they could continue to use long-term due to their sponsor commitments.... Or maybe its just a one-off data-gathering exercise, and i'm eating crow next week! LOL
What's everyone else's take on this?
DAN

I can't believe it was 'thick paint' that kept him from making the show...and I can't believe it will be 'thin paint' that get's him back in.

The link on NHRA website dosn't seem to work?
I click on the link and it just pops back to the home page.
Yes your right on doing anything for ink.
I wonder if his car is over weight? I don't think that it is IMO.
I mean look at how slim John is. Jim Head is bigger so heavier? and he makes the fields.
Yes I know Head is not doing the western swing.
I am sticking by my assumption that Johns car is an R&D car.

It may sound stupid but with the crew chiefs on that team im sure there is something not being said here , because I dout they would do anything stupid . Plus if they really wanted to save weight why dont they just run an unpainted body with all there decals and stickers on it .

if he wants Press call prock and tune his car to win races and stop playing games. I wonder who else would put up with a few dnq's in one season and not do something about it. Press = WINS

With 4.2 seconds there is not much press unless you steal someone else's interview time. Unless you want to add in short half shown burn outs.

Zzzz old news... Force did this at Pomona in 2005, in hope of a performance advantage... Like some have said, it's to get a bit of ink in the press.

DSA_3963.JPG

Regards,

Michael

This is crazy stuff and when you get down to it he had 3 other cars that he own bump him out. He's a victim of his own success and now he's complaining about the money to the Denver Post. There shouldn't be more than 18 cars in Sonoma. Chances are he'll qualify regardless of the paint job or lack of one. He just needs a good tune up.

The only thing that is going to get him qualifying consistently and going rounds is a top to bottom trimming of the JFR tree. From his crew chief who doesn't look that hungry to dominate to the zillion side projects and crusades, the program is bloated and not very aggressive. One look at JFR and Tim Wilkerson will tell you who is focused on the task and who has their eye off the prize.

Maybe the time has come to move Austin Coil into the tech trailer and let him invent and innovate and maybe let Guido run the mothership. Dale Armstrong, perhaps to third greatest mad scientist ever(behind Garlits and Coil) seemed to lose his groove after a time.

Mark

Force Correction

More naked news:

"The "naked" race car John Force will run at this week's 21st annual FRAM/Autolite Nationals was erroneously identified as an "all-white" car. In reality it is all-black as a carbon fiber body always is when it comes out of the mold."

Re: Force Correction

More naked news:

"The "naked" race car John Force will run at this week's 21st annual FRAM/Autolite Nationals was erroneously identified as an "all-white" car. In reality it is all-black as a carbon fiber body always is when it comes out of the mold."

And I am sure, unless it is now against the rules, it will have the titanium body tree like they did in 2005.

According to nhra.com, Force will be running a plain white Mustang shell

Typical NHRA.com mistake.

I guess they have a hard time telling "plain white" from "carbon fiber black"

From Rob Geiger's site...

forceblack.jpg

with minimal Castrol signage in Sonoma.

Based on the photo, "minimal" must be in the eye of the beholder, or based on NHRA.com not being able to tell white from black, maybe minimal means huge hood and door sponsor IDs

The original JFR Press Release had an error in the color, they sent a correction... it is PR!

Thanks Darr. My roll eyes was at the post above that said "typical NHRA" for screwing listing the right colour. I thought I would add a little sarcasm.

I am the first to be critical when i feel it is required, but it almost seems that the NHRA are damned if they do and damned if they don't on almost everything.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back