JIM HEAD...Who's with me?! (1 Viewer)

blackbeard

Nitro Member
ok, don't tell me i'm alone here. anyone else out there praying that jim head TURNS IT UP in the countdown and pulls this championship off? i think for everything he's done for the sport, he deserves it.

I'd love to go to Vegas and put just ONE DOLLAR on the odds of that happening.....I'd leave Vegas very wealthy. Of course I'm slightly biased here (Toyota) but I'd love to see some underdogs win for a change.

With Wilk and Gilby not making it, I'd love nothing more than to see Jim Head win the whole thing.

Anything can happen.

I'm torn, actually.

On the one hand I would absolutely love to see Jim Head win the 2007 Funny Car World Championship! For everything he's done, all he's accomplished and his true love of the sport - it would be absolutely awesome to see.

On the other hand, it would validate NHRA's new gimmick, er, uh, I mean points (countdown) system, and though I'm not as vocal and outspoken about it as PJ - I don't like it.

Still, if it meant Jim Head could slay all the multi-car dragons in Funny Car, it might just be worth it... Go Jim!!

How cool would it be if Head could do it. I just hope he can hang on and stay in this part of the chase. Jim Head has always been one of my favorites and I guess I'm biased since I have one of Jim's old Dragsters sitting in my garage. I would be thrilled to call World Champ!!! Go Jim & Johnny and Crew!!!

Dave

As long as they are not going to crown a True champ....i could think of no better guy. I think it would serve NHRA right.

Jim is one of the true inovators of our sport. First computor,bat car,high gear only and the list goes on. He used to carry pen that melt at a certin temp. and jump out after a run and check each pipe and see what the temp was after a pass. One of the smartest men I have ever meet. He is more intitled to this champonship than most people out there . He has figured out their game and is playing it. GO HEAD till there all Dead. PS I still have my original shirt from Englishtown about 1985 and I still wear it about 2 times a year.

The Bama Boys are pulling for Head Banging Jim;) Fire up the Boilers
Fuzzy gonna be a cup slinger:D

On the sidelines in Bama

I like Jim Head and would like to see him be champ some year but unless he ends this season with the most real/earned points then it is not deserved this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back