JFR drivers in McKinney cars at Vegas - WTF? (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
OK . . . Burkhart, Neff and Hight are testing in Vegas with updated Murf chassis. Where is the Plueger car that was rumored to be updated by Victory for Robert to drive? John appears to throwing 100% support to Murf.
So . . . was the post about the Plueger car and JFR dumping McKinney total BS? I would say yes. Opinions?

OK . . . Burkhart, Neff and Hight are testing in Vegas with updated Murf chassis. Where is the Plueger car that was rumored to be updated by Victory for Robert to drive? John appears to throwing 100% support to Murf.
So . . . was the post about the Plueger car and JFR dumping McKinney total BS? I would say yes. Opinions?

Sounds like you covered it.

Instead of Nitromater maybe this place should be called Rumor Central. I heard, he said and I was told. Frequently used terms.

What about Ashley? She is also testing in a Murf chassis.

"Burkart will join Countdown to One qualifier Robert Hight, Rookie-of-the-Year contender Ashley Force, and rookie-to-be Mike Neff in John Force Racing Ford Mustangs during three days of open testing on the same track that next week will play host to the ACDelco Las Vegas Nationals."

Quote from NHRA. NHRA News: Burkart will drive Force's car during Las Vegas test session (10/15/2007)

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the man who runs JFR, that would be John Force, was saying that he would drive at Richmond, or at least by Vegas. Now he has said that he is out for the remainder of the year. Does that mean he started a rumor about himself - only to divulge the real story later? The source of the Plueger chassis story is reliable, but things change, plans change...give it a break.

Keep in mind that the man who runs JFR, that would be John Force, was saying that he would drive at Richmond, or at least by Vegas. Now he has said that he is out for the remainder of the year. Does that mean he started a rumor about himself - only to divulge the real story later? The source of the Plueger chassis story is reliable, but things change, plans change...give it a break.

As John said, it was the drugs telling him he would be able to race at Richmond. I think he finally decided he had to listen to his doctors and it will take time for his body to mend properly.

Are you saying that John Force was the "source" of the Plueger chassis story???

JFR is not dumping Murph. Steve cannot build cars for all of Johns teams without hiring people to help him and he's just not going to do that, nor does he want to. That's the whole reason JFR went to McKinney in the first place. Steve is having a blast running his nostalgia car with Bucky (and kicking complete ass in the process) and he's in the process of building another car that will be a remake of his Plueger and Gyger Mustang he ran in the 70's. John may have bought back one of his old Plueger chassis but Steve is not going to be building JFR's cars for the future. Robert did request to take some of the pipe that Steve uses this last weekend at the CHRR.

I posted this elsewhere but I'll post it here also. All Force did was buy one of his old Plueger chassis back. Probably just to use for some type of reference. He never stated he was going back to Plueger. That was just speculation by some on this board. Does anyone really think Plueger can weld up four chassis in three weeks?

I know the intent is for Force to build his own chassis at some point. Maybe the Pleugar(sp?) chassis is just a spec chassis for future reference?

We must have been typing at the same time.... yeah what he said above! :D:D

As a couple of people have stated, just because they are testing them doesn't mean they are going to race them....a half-track testing run is quite different than a 330 mph full-pull...

Also, i don't recall seeing a posting that said anything about Steve Plueger building new cars for John....I DID however see a posting that said that John Force is working on acquiring equipment from Steve Plueger to start building his own cars....

I still believe that CJ Cursinger the other day hit on something about JFR building their own cars in 2008 with a model after the Plueger cars...It makes a lot of sense...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back