John AND Ashley out for the remainder of 2007... Plueger the new JFR chassis... (2 Viewers)

I guess I don't understand a lot about what is going on here. It seems to me that a lot of people like the Plueger chassis and think they are superior but it sounds like they are not available. It appears that Murf is making as many as they can and they are making changes as quickly as they can for teams. It also sounds like there are several other chassis people and or teams that are trying to make changes also. Everything I hear is that everyone is trying to make the drivers safer. I am sure this is not a white and black issue so there are many ways to get the same result. I have always thought that since there can be many different ways to get the same result (a win light) that this will always keep our sport strong and growing. There are a LOT of extremely smart people involved in every level of motorsports. Seems like rumors and backstabbing are counterproductive and will only hurt us all.

I don't think Murph is a bad guy..I have only talked with him a couple of times over the years, and in fact, think that he is a super nice guy...

The only thing that I am thinking, and this is just my opinion, is that with this heat treating issue being the problem, and the heat treating, to the best of my understanding, only being required on the back half of the Top Fuel cars and NOT on the funny cars, is why it is on them at all? If it is causing these issues, or at least a strong part of the reason, then build the funny cars without the heat treating, right? Maybe the NHRA should follow suit with the Top Fuel cars, as well..

Maybe someone can tell me if this makes sense, as I am not a mechanical guy by any stretch...

I don't think Murph is a bad guy..I have only talked with him a couple of times over the years, and in fact, think that he is a super nice guy...

The only thing that I am thinking, and this is just my opinion, is that with this heat treating issue being the problem, and the heat treating, to the best of my understanding, only being required on the back half of the Top Fuel cars and NOT on the funny cars, is why it is on them at all? If it is causing these issues, or at least a strong part of the reason, then build the funny cars without the heat treating, right? Maybe the NHRA should follow suit with the Top Fuel cars, as well..

Maybe someone can tell me if this makes sense, as I am not a mechanical guy by any stretch...

I have read through all the posts in all the topics related to this here and on other message boards and no one has said Murf is a bad guy. Murf, I'm sure, has nothing but good intentions and is a good guy.

This has nothing to do with being nice, or mean, or a jerk, or the most generous person on planet earth. Heck, I bought all the stuff I could from Murf when I mounted my new Monte Carlo body this year. He makes great stuff and we are lucky to have a company like Murf's to buy all this stuff from.

What I do see are people expressing concerns and wanting answers and making suggestions. They have concerns for themselves or their friends and family members who drive. I see people compassionate about the sport who are alarmed by the recent events. I see people sharing their experience and knowledge but given no credibility. I see people who are fans asking why their favorite hero was almost killed a few months after his number one next generation driver was killed. I see people asking legitimate questions like why the very first weekend with the updates on our favorite hero's son-in-laws car does the frame break and the car gets parked. Then the story is out about the P&P car getting a body put on it for Robert to drive.

There are very qualified people sharing data, spending money of their own doing tests, and offering suggestions. Some of these people have been around a long time and have a lot of experience with significant education and degrees. And none of them has ever said Murf is a bad guy.

RG

Last edited:
I have read through all the posts in all the topics related to this here and on other message boards and no one has said Murf is a bad guy. Murf, I'm sure, has nothing but good intentions and is a good guy.

This has nothing to do with being nice, or mean, or a jerk, or the most generous person on planet earth. Heck, I bought all the stuff I could from Murf when I mounted my new Monte Carlo body this year. He makes great stuff and we are lucky to have a company like Murf's to buy all this stuff from.

What I do see are people expressing concerns and wanting answers and making suggestions. They have concerns for themselves or their friends and family members who drive. I see people compassionate about the sport who are alarmed by the recent events. I see people sharing their experience and knowledge but given no credibility. I see people who are fans asking why their favorite hero was almost killed a few months after his number one next generation driver was killed. I see people asking legitimate questions like why the very first weekend with the updates on our favorite hero's son-in-laws car does the frame break and the car gets parked. Then the story is out about the P&P car getting a body put on it for Robert to drive.

There are very qualified people sharing data, spending money of their own doing tests, and offering suggestions. Some of these people have been around a long time and have a lot of experience with significant education and degrees. And none of them has ever said Murf is a bad guy.

RG

Very, VERY well said, Randy....I completely agree with you...

I see people asking legitimate questions like why the very first weekend with the updates on our favorite hero's son-in-laws car does the frame break and the car gets parked. Then the story is out about the P&P car getting a body put on it for Robert to drive.

RG

Has it been confirmed that they have parked Robert's Murf car for the P&P car??

Heard this from what I think is a very reliable source...

John Force Racing has parked both John & Ashleys cars for the remainder of the season, and furthermore, John has privately stated that he will "never run another Murph car (Murph McKinney) again...

Robert Hight will be the only car in the show for the final two races, and he will be running an Ex-JFR Plueger, that was re-purchased from Todd Paton...It has 0 runs on it..

This car will serve two purposes..The first, of course, for Robert to finish the season with, and secondly, to be used in conjunction with Steve Plueger's chassis jig for JFR to start building their own chassis for the 2008 season and beyond...

Before John's accident in Dallas, he was in the process of buying the chassis jig and related equipment from Steve Plueger, and of course, will complete the purchase within the next week or two...

CJ Curtsinger

Hmmmm...isn't this interesting....? CJ...I think you may have got some good information....

Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - FORCE STILL WEIGHING OPTIONS

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back