Janis Struggles at First ADRL Event (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Elma, NY –After posting low 3.80 runs during pre season testing the Mike Janis Race team was looking for some big numbers heading into the ADRL Saftey-Kleen Dragpalooza V this past weekend at Houston Raceway Park, but the newly ground race surface at HRP had other ideas for the Western New York based team.

World-renowned engine builder, Mike Janis fought the HRP surface all weekend beginning with a tire shaking nine second run in the first qualifier.

“We looked at the track earlier and the starting line is fabulous but about 60 to 80 feet out she gets tricky. I think as more cars get down the lanes the more rubber will fill in the grooves giving our car the conditions she wants,” said crew chief Mike Janis Jr.

Janis was forced to peddle his Jan-Cen “Monster Power” equipped Firebird in the second qualifying session and sat on the outside looking in heading into the third and final round of qualifying.

“We’re gaining plenty of data each run,” said team owner Mike Janis. “Our 60 foot times are where we need them to be but it’s further out we start getting into trouble now it’s just before the 330 mark where she tries to break loose. What ever she does we have to make it to the other end on this run.”

Janis did make it to the other end but not without pedaling. His 3.971 at just under 190 miles per hour was good enough for tenth on the qualifying order but it wasn’t good enough for Janis.

“By the numbers we should be in the .80’s all day but we’re not. We think we may have a tire issue that’s holding us back and we just may have to live with it this weekend. I’m not happy about it but we’ll mark it in the lesson learned column,” said Janis.

In round one Janis got bit by traction issues again as he was forced to pedal in a losing effort to Brian Daniels. Daniels posted a 3.919 to Janis’ plagued 4.010.

“I’m not pleased with our performance at all but I’m very pleased with my first ADRL experience. It reminds me a lot of my home track in Lancaster (New York) when I first got into drag racing competitively. You feel like you’re the show and the people are here for you. The fans and the ADRL treated us great all weekend. I’m really excited about this season and can’t wait to hit the track again,” said Janis.

Attachments

• Janis_747449.jpg
    Janis_747449.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 23
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back