Ingenuity in Action (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Last edited:
Awesome!
Thanx for posting this Jackee! I wish I was born in those times. Us younger ones sure missed out on alot of good clean fun.

Jackee - thank you so much for those links! I was attending races during that era (I'm old!).
Wow - Potvin front mounted blowers, Allison engines, high tech concrete block timing light mounting system (Jeff, are you watching?) and possibly Ray Godman (Tennessee Bo Weevil) in his wheelchair in the background (?).
I got to watch the Dragmaster race at Indy in the 60's - some great memories. Thanks again! - Jim

I remember the GOOD ol' days when it was "Ingenuity In Action".
Now it's just two words "Ingenuity Inaction" where cookie cutter cars are the norm !! Sad indeed....:mad:

Sigh. Another time, another era indeed. Thanks so much Jackee.

That was so much fun to watch!

Man, did you catch the loose starting line proceedures. Some of those crews had their hands on the car until just before the starter dropped the flag!

And Ohio George, winning with his hood flapping in the breeze!!

awesome! man now thats drag racing! trully the golden years of our sport. we all owe a lot to those pioneers that made our sport so great.

This old man thanks you ever so much Jackee. One question for everyone though. Is there sound to those clips? I know I'm a broken down, feeble computer user and I'd sure like to hear commentary if there is any. I'm going to play them again but I'm sitting in the tower at Englishtown and all I have this weekend is....GASP!!! DIAL UP!!! Gag, puke,cough...yuck!!! Maybe when I get back to my room and civilization called DSL I'll play with them again.

Sure brought back my early interest in drag racing.:)

those are really well done, it took some time to take that film footage and do the voice work and put on modern media. I will watch those again and again

just a bit before my time, but those vids are priceless. thank you.
opening credits......."native american technology"..........
couldn't say that today.

This old man thanks you ever so much Jackee. One question for everyone though. Is there sound to those clips? I know I'm a broken down, feeble computer user and I'd sure like to hear commentary if there is any. I'm going to play them again but I'm sitting in the tower at Englishtown and all I have this weekend is....GASP!!! DIAL UP!!! Gag, puke,cough...yuck!!! Maybe when I get back to my room and civilization called DSL I'll play with them again.

Sure brought back my early interest in drag racing.:)

There is great sound and commentary. I'm no computer whiz Darryl, but my computer at work doesn't have external speakers. I picked up a set of AIWA ear phones which just plug into the front of my PC, and I get the sound.

I believe these videos are an absolute treasure.

Glad everyone is enjoying them as much as I am. Drag racing Rocks! Always has and I hope it always will.

Does anyone recognize which drag strip in Oklahoma they were running at in pt. 1? That was just a bit before my time as well but I think it was OKC... maybe the old Fairgrounds strip or Jimmy Nix's on Council Rd.? If the film was edited in chronological order then the track they showed definitely was West of Tulsa since they showed the Turner Turnpike after the Oklahoma racing. I'm going to watch it again and see if I can pick up any clues.

Also... anyone want to guess which BBQ joint they stopped at in Amarillo? I'll bet it was Sutphen's! :D

Now that was way cool. Fuel ban, no guard rails, front mounted blowers and how about that trick car hauler rig. The music reminded me of elemenatary school films/film strips. Are there anymore of these hidden somewhere?

D

Thanks Jackie, very cool indeed. I loved the music, like watching an episode of "Leave it to Beaver":D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back