In need of information (1 Viewer)

Unk

Nitro Member
Does anyone have any hard numbers on how many miles a race teams rig travels per year and what the exposure numbers are?

I've got the NHRA marketing and media information for the races, but I'm currently working on a proposal that the exposure/miles could be a factor in regards to this sponsors exposure.
Anyone got any numbers?

email me @ [email protected] or post here.

Thanks for the help.

Unk

Interesting take on exposure Bob.
I put this similar information in my package for the santion I race.
I don't have hard numbers for you, but I used miles traveled to each race, average "legal" speeds to get hours on the road. Then what highways traveled for best exposure. I.E. Major interstates rather than back roads. Where will the rig be parked for the night, in the back lot of a motel or out where it will be visible to the public.
This could be difficult to give hard numbers, but where and how much time each day is important. And what visibility will the sponsor get when the rig is not rolling to an event.
Good Luck! :cool:

Hey Unk,

I can't say they're hard numbers, but this is pretty close based on some budgeting numbers that I use and what our team does. Give me a call tomorrow and I can get more detailed info for you.

Our rig is on the road approx. 50 - 60 days per year and travel's 40 - 50k miles for the year. That does not count time at the track, but it does count traveling to about 5 test sessions in addition to national events and is based on a starting (home base) location of Indy.

I hope this helps... Call me and we can get into more detail on the phone and maybe do some brain storming.

Matt,
Race rigs because of all the paint/wrap work done are certainly highly visible rolling billboards. With the size of some of these teams (2-3-4 semi's and a support truck) they will generate a ton of exposure traveling the interstates and one would have to think that there are ways to compute "exposure per mile."

Those types of exposure numbers are definitely numbers that I want to take into account for the proposal and company that I'm currently working with.

Angelo
I don't think I've got your number anymore, email it to me @ [email protected] and I'll give you a call.

Bob,

I have figures from a 2005 study on vehicle advertising. Obviously as they're not readily available to the public I'm not in a position to just hand over the data and formula's, but if you can get me a summary of the vehicle/vehicles mileage on the NHRA tour (this is the bit I don't have) and an estimate of how this is split between interstate and city roads I can give you an approximate number of "Quality Impressions" ie: Exposure across a race season.

You can email me through our website, or PM me for a phone number.

Chris @ Motorsport Marketing Solutions

Last edited:
Didnt someone maybe BB have a contest for the ACTUAL milage the teams rig traveled for an entire seaon, maybe did this for 2 seasons? Anyone got thier data still? I think it was on the old mater board so the pages would not be accesable anymore I dont think

For the 2005 season, I was told by someone who works for one of the better-known pro teams that they were on the road 251 days. That's a hell of a lotta dead bugs on your windshield........

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back