I'll start with this-- Zoo Pics (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Ok I have a ton of pics I need to upload, but I'll give a little preview here.

Our group was out and about, when Chris "Holeshot" Anderson and myself came upon a VERY drunk dude taped up to a tree over by the Rickshaw race track. He had a line up of people drawing on him with Sharpie marker!!! He didn't seem to care one bit. Chris and I both signed our names, and took a pic with him... We both walked away and just shook our heads... "Dude... that $h!t is *uck*d up!!!!!"

P8150267.jpg

P8150268.jpg

P8150269.jpg

P8150270.jpg

Last edited:
Man alive. I'm really wondering what went through his mind the next day when he woke up and looked in a mirror.

How about showing up at work today????:rolleyes:

NOT!!!

I was told the Zoo's a good mile from the Stands, that's a pretty good walk!

Most people have their own ATV. Or you can usually hitch a ride with someone on the way to the stands, just hop on!

I found out the hard way how far the zoo is from the stands - although I don't think the closer part of the zoo is a mile -

After a run back to the tent I was told by the two chicks running the ATV parking by the old general admission stands that the lot was filled - and that if I couldn't squeeze in I would either have to pay to park it or take it back. (Needless to say I made a spot to park) - but later after I realized I forgot my earplugs, I had to walk back to camp from the pits. It took about 30 mins to walk / run / hitch a ride back and forth.

BTW- why did those two chicks say that to me? Was that true - or was it a policy that soon got canned after so many complaints? Did they restrict the ATV parking this year? And why did they not let even a bottle of water make it through the camping checkpoint after Friday?

Most people have their own ATV. Or you can usually hitch a ride with someone on the way to the stands, just hop on!

I found out the hard way how far the zoo is from the stands - although I don't think the closer part of the zoo is a mile -

After a run back to the tent I was told by the two chicks running the ATV parking by the old general admission stands that the lot was filled - and that if I couldn't squeeze in I would either have to pay to park it or take it back. (Needless to say I made a spot to park) - but later after I realized I forgot my earplugs, I had to walk back to camp from the pits. It took about 30 mins to walk / run / hitch a ride back and forth.

BTW- why did those two chicks say that to me? Was that true - or was it a policy that soon got canned after so many complaints? Did they restrict the ATV parking this year? And why did they not let even a bottle of water make it through the camping checkpoint after Friday?

Well that explains it, I also heard that because the Zoo is parallel with the Shutdown area that you really can't hear the cars from there!

Well that explains it, I also heard that because the Zoo is parallel with the Shutdown area that you really can't hear the cars from there!

Although closer to the shutdown area, you can definately hear the cars from the zoo. Ive only been in the zoo area once when a TF car went down, I remember it was still pretty darn loud - and quite different sounding that far away then at the start... wierd to hear a TF car that doesn't get the doppler effect going down track or towards you.

I can see though getting so into partying that you can't hear the cars, it is pretty loud there at night.

(doppler effect - you know the change in pitch you get like a train whistle as it passes)

Although closer to the shutdown area, you can definately hear the cars from the zoo. Ive only been in the zoo area once when a TF car went down, I remember it was still pretty darn loud - and quite different sounding that far away then at the start... wierd to hear a TF car that doesn't get the doppler effect going down track or towards you.

I can see though getting so into partying that you can't hear the cars, it is pretty loud there at night.

(doppler effect - you know the change in pitch you get like a train whistle as it passes)

But do they set off Car alarms in the Zoo? That's the ticket...

I was told by security at our section that the reason liquids (including water) were nixed from the stands was due to lack of traffic at concessions.

However, I gotta tell you, in typical BIR fashion, they weren't too thorough about checking. We got quite a nice amount of "liquid" in the stands just by putting it in the front pocket of a sweatshirt, or in the pocket of seat pads.

I hadn't heard about paying for ATV parking near the track, but wouldn't surprise me. I'm in with a bunch at the full hook-up reserved family camping and we always have a golf cart. Last year they only let people park on 1 side...this year we could park near the other gate (where they park motorcycles) on Friday, but by Saturday that had changed & we were sent back over to general admission. Heaven forbid the powers that be get a plan & stick with it!

Nick, Nick, Nick... if you would have come to find us I would have let you park at our camp site. we were right there two down from the water squirting rodents.

Next year nick, Next year... :D

I was there for 7 days and never once brought my camera into the ZOO...... Except for Monday afternoon when I made a quick lap through there to survey the aftermath.

These 2 pictures only show a small sample of the campground.
P8165113.jpg

P8165112.jpg

Nick, Nick, Nick... if you would have come to find us I would have let you park at our camp site. we were right there two down from the water squirting rodents.

Next year nick, Next year... :D

I must have passed your camp everyday, are you on the road that goes by BIR security central, and the ladies showers - where it seems I've seen a hot chick in a swimsuit going to shower everytime I drove by there. -

No doubt we will be there next year - by then I will have forgotten what it's like to drink way too much and be ready to party once again. Let's see how things work out next year and we can plan something!

I was there for 7 days and never once brought my camera into the ZOO...... Except for Monday afternoon when I made a quick lap through there to survey the aftermath.

I didn't bring the camera into the zoo either, but it would have been funny to get a shot of the stage area any morning during the weekend - so much aluminium... or the pyramid of beer cans those guys set up on the way in, had to be 5 feet tall by 5 feet deep. Judging by how much beer I spilled in the ATV, I think the camera might have gotten soaked if I brought it anyway

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back