Eddyville July 4th Nite of Fire!! (1 Viewer)

Spanky

Nitro Member
hey maters... i'm not much on writing a long report but i'll put out some quick notes and pics

we match raced the black reign team with frank cervelli behind the wheel. well you know i'd NEVER be one to start any trash talk??? nah!! not me!!

frank kept telling me how he was gonna chop the tree down on me... well i was confused. he meant he was gonna put a hole-shot on me... but when i talk about chopping the tree down it usually means i knocked it over with the headers! whatever it takes right??

well the eddyville crew prepped that track to a 'T'... it was INSANE! we definitely underestimated the surface on the first hit. got my brains beaten out with tire shake all thru first gear... and it got WORSE when i stuffed it in hi-gear. frank was out on me at the hit and thru the blur of the tire shake i could see him the whole time... we started to pull away in hi-gear so i chose to pedal it and see if it was saveable! a couple whacks at the pedal, working the wheel and a handful of brake and finally i had it back on track. we managed the win and a decent pass... our 4.12 to frank's 4.35!

frank and i were cracking up in the shut down over the beatings we both took to get down there!! definitely one of those runs i'd be happy to win or lose because it was just so damn fun

about that time the next pair was doc halladay and john dunn... well halladay missed the chutes and we all watched in horror as doc went SCREAMING off the end of the track and went airborne out into the corn!! let's just say i found out i can definitely run fast in fire boots! i bailed over the wall and was thrilled to see doc was ok, upright and all the shiny was still in the right places. BUT... the corn is NOT ready to be picked!

Doc- glad you were ok buddy!

the last lap of the night we new the track would take all we wanted to throw at it. so without getting too crazy we did clean up the tune-up a bit and get a little more aggressive at the hit... well the car and the track DEFINITELY liked it.

we put down a 4.00sec at 184mph with a 0.953sec 60ft! a record run for our car... very happy for our whole team! we've made some changes over the winter and can see that they are definitely paying off.

in the other lane frank and the black reign team came up loaded for bear with 20% in the tank! their car was VERY aggressive at the hit and literally jumped out of the beams... frank told me he heard their motor sounded wounded and like a pro clicked it off to preserve parts, money and the track for all the other competitors

we had a blast! got to see a TON of friends and spend the day celebrating our great nation in the best way i can think of... RACING WITH MY BEST FRIENDS! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

ok... i DEFINITELY talked more than i intended to... sorry for that. here are some pics to say 'i'm sorry'!!

6016_1170607699681_1062639176_505896_5260115_n.jpg

6452_1085322782291_1503052131_30192814_7552827_n.jpg

6452_1085322702289_1503052131_30192812_3261843_n.jpg

Last edited:
this is how Belt gets the fans riled up....he breaks out the heavy artillery!!

e7.JPG

Somebody should whip up a decal that looks like the head of a combine and put it on the front of Doc's car as a joke. :D Glad to hear he and the car were fine. Looks liked I missed out on some good racing.

this is how Belt gets the fans riled up....he breaks out the heavy artillery!!
minick did you take that pic?? that's kinda cool with the water vapor coming out of it!

Somebody should whip up a decal that looks like the head of a combine and put it on the front of Doc's car as a joke.
ha ha!! i love it!! kinda like another 'famous' mater we know that ended up with curb feelers on a certain mid-west f/c car last year??!! i was only upset that someone beat me to actually putting them on his car!

ha ha!! i love it!! kinda like another 'famous' mater we know that ended up with curb feelers on a certain mid-west f/c car last year??!! i was only upset that someone beat me to actually putting them on his car!
I'd almost forgotten about that. That scared me because I was sitting on the pit side and it happened almost directly right in front of me. There were a few scary passes last year at the World Series. The one that really got me worried was the guy that smacked the wall hard in the left lane and then coasted all the way down the track and nearly into the field before it came to a stop. I hope nobody needs curb feelers this year, that **** scares me too much these days.

I found this photo of a certain Mater's ride. But I am sure I don't know what you boys are talking about!!! ;) :D

Rapid {Glad the Boyungs Boys had V-I-D-E-O showing the front end in the air when the sparklers were going off at Cordova}

curbfeeler.jpg

Fixed it, Rapid

Last edited:
How about going for Belt,,Baker,,Dewitt even! :D

I got my DVD of the Nostalgia Fest. I am waiting to get a chance to watch it later tonight. :cool:

Thanks for the quick service.

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back