IHRA Sold (1 Viewer)

Darn, there go all the good "when the circus comes to town" jokes :)

This is certainly good news, if only because people who know and understand the sport are in charge. Not sure if there's change or investment in the offing, but anytime someone is willing to spend something to further drag racing, it can't be bad news.

Can it?

I hope this means IHRA can this year go back to what it once was and get back on TV as well.

I agree I liked the old IHRA, the minor league of Nitro dragsters & Alcohol funnycars, and the major league of Pro Mod, mountain motored pro-stock, and Nitro bikes. Throw in some exhibition wheelie and jet cars.

I wouldn't mind turning the minor league fuel dragsters and alcohol funny cars to nostalgia fuel dragsters & nostalgia body style alcohol funnycars. Then the entire show would be unique to IHRA, possibly a better overall show then the NHRA even (in my opinion).

It would be best if the PBIR folks kept their fingers out of the cookie jar. PBIR is arguably, the worst-run track I've ever been to.

Well this totally kills the hope that PBIR would go back to NHRA sanction. :(

I remember the 1st time I went to PBIR under IHRA sanction. They had bikes lining up against dragsters & cars in super comp. My reaction was :eek:.

I agree I liked the old IHRA, the minor league of Nitro dragsters & Alcohol funnycars, and the major league of Pro Mod, mountain motored pro-stock, and Nitro bikes. Throw in some exhibition wheelie and jet cars.

I wouldn't mind turning the minor league fuel dragsters and alcohol funny cars to nostalgia fuel dragsters & nostalgia body style alcohol funnycars. Then the entire show would be unique to IHRA, possibly a better overall show then the NHRA even (in my opinion).

Keep the Prostalgia Funny Cars, Bring Back Mountain Motor Pro Stock and Pro Alcohol Funny Car (Mark Thomas needs to run somewhere lol) Keep Nitro Harleys, Bring back Pro Mod (especially when NHRA Drops them), get back the tv deal on Speed (if it's still alive) or get another Channel to broadcast it with Ken Stout, Bret Kepner and Brian Olson. Make it like a Hodge podge of everything great about it from the late 80s on to when it became NitroJam and keep Prostalgia Funny Cars from recent NitroJam.

Awesome news!!! But don't forget, it's the only sanctioning body that makes full pulls to 1320' for ALL classes!!

What is industry wide is people complaining about how bad everything is.

Get off you're butt and build a car, go to a race or a car show.

Stop whinning about how bad it is , go out and do something, even if its wrong.

IHRA will be just fine as will NHRA.

If you really want to see the best in 1320 nitro drag racing it will be at Famoso California in March, see you there.

Great post Larry. I posted something similar in another board after Darr preached the doom of the sport. Drag Racing was doomed in the early '70s with the energy crisis and escalating costs. BTW that was 40 tears ago. Many, many industries are down from where they were a few years ago, doesn't mean they're going extinct. In a few weeks, all kinds of drag racing will begin. Oh, and 40 years ago the muscle car died. Anybody been paying attention to what the factories have been building for the past few years?

What is industry wide is people complaining about how bad everything is.

Get off you're butt and build a car, go to a race or a car show.

Stop whinning about how bad it is , go out and do something, even if its wrong.

IHRA will be just fine as will NHRA.

If you really want to see the best in 1320 nitro drag racing it will be at Famoso California in March, see you there.

Good post...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back